• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Factory5

2000myst

Veteran CEG'er
I recently went to Factory5 with my FSAE team. they gave us a full tour of the facility and let me tell you it was amazing. We were doing research into how to build certain things and to get some info on techniques. It is one of the few places that goes from ideation to manufacture. It was amazing. Here are some pics. Some are Cobras, others are the new GTM's. Just remember, each of these cars are handbuilt by YOU!

Actual track ready Cobra
Cobra1.jpg

One of the nicest Cobras ever
Cobra2.jpg

Cobra bodies being prepped and examined
Cobrabodies.jpg

Daytona Chassis
Cobrachassis.jpg

Cobra frame. MIG welded on a jig by hand.
Cobraframe.jpg

Cobra chassis w/ 3 and 4 link suspension ready to be shipped
Cobramany.jpg

Cobra with Roush intake
Cobraroush.jpg

Exhausts
Exhaust.jpg

The new GTM, 0-60 in under 4 sec, Mid Engine
GTMangle.jpg

Checkin it out
GTMopen.jpg

More to come, I'm workin on it. Some pics wouldnt show up.

Last edited:
Nice :) I wonder if we could do something like that for our FSAE team here at UT.

finishing a factory five type 65 coupe is on my list of things to do...

What do one of those GTM's go for?

Answered my own question. $19,990 plus the cost of a shyt load of Corvette parts and a Porsche 911 transaxle parts and a Porsche G50 variant transmission (which the buyer needs to find on his/her own). This car will end up costing more then a brand new Vette. I sure hope it rivals the performance and handling of one.

BTW they told us when we there that when they were testing the GTM they could not floor it at 100mph b/c they would break the rear axles. That black GTM isn the nicest one they have there. I have a crazy pic of the one they are bringing to SEMA. Ill try to load them up.

More PICS

More PICS

Here are some more. I have these in high resolution.

Showroom
showroom2.jpg

Molds for fiberglass and carbon fiber
Molds2.jpg

The "real" GTM
GTMSEMAside2.jpg

The back end, check out that diffuser
GTMSEMAback2.jpg

All Carbon Fiber
GTMinterior2.jpg

The front
GTMfront2.jpg

GTM body being prepped
GTMbody2.jpg

That SEMA GTM was beautiful. it had the LS7 engine in it. there was no firewall. They were still building it. There was not enough space to take a good pic of it so i ended up cutting the front off.

Last edited:
What is open to your average Joe Shmoe walking in off the street?

Would be kinda cool seeing a GTM up close. I have a machine shop and think it would be a cool project to do, but thats an awful lot of money for something thats basically a stripped down Corvette without the design budget that the bowtie offers.

Basically you need their kit, a C5, and a Porsche G40 tranny. Right?

Anymore pics would be awesome. I have bandwidth available if you want me to host them BTW.

What is open to your average Joe Shmoe walking in off the street?

Would be kinda cool seeing a GTM up close. I have a machine shop and think it would be a cool project to do, but thats an awful lot of money for something thats basically a stripped down Corvette without the design budget that the bowtie offers.

Basically you need their kit, a C5, and a Porsche G40 tranny. Right?

Anymore pics would be awesome. I have bandwidth available if you want me to host them BTW.

you can pick up an entire cobra kit for $11k and all you need is a fox body donor car...swap drivetrain, suspension...etc. so for about $13-15k (without the cost of labor) you can have yourself a 5.0L cobra

I saw one a Cobra replica for sale for 21k. Screw building one. LOL! I'll just buy one. Building one would be more fun though.

Back