• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

and the #13 car is ........

boumacj

Hard-core CEG'er
After doing some research on the pace cars I posted about a while back I got this info and never posted it. This is the 13th CSVT ever built...

(if you're new here, it's the silver one in the middle of the picture :) )

orig.jpg

i believe its still for sale approx. 20 grand :shrug: give or take a lil more, and i don't think it even runs, i still want it though!!!

I'm pretty sure they fugged up on that sign. The for sale listing on their website last year even said 1998.

Manufacturers take some pretty big liberties in how they describe show cars / pre-production cars. It is very common to take an older chassis, put the newest parts on it, and call it the new model year, even though it has an older VIN number. Case in point, the first five or so (never sold to the public) 2000 Cobra R's were actually 1999 Cobra VINs.

Manufacturers take some pretty big liberties in how they describe show cars / pre-production cars. It is very common to take an older chassis, put the newest parts on it, and call it the new model year, even though it has an older VIN number. Case in point, the first five or so (never sold to the public) 2000 Cobra R's were actually 1999 Cobra VINs.

I can totally understand that happening.

If they picked up the SVT in 1997/1998, I'm sure it wasn't ready to be rolled out right away in 1998. They also changed the Ford VIN to a unique Saleen VIN. The Saleen VIN might say 1999, but it's started it's life as a 1998 Ford.

If i recall isnt the carbon fiber bumper beyond repair and they want like 20k for the car and it doesnt even run.

If i had the cash it would be nice to have a collector like this but i doubt it will ever appreciate.... I dont see poeple in 30 years going OOOO a contour SVT Saleen 1 of 1 on Barret Jackson.

nah jeff. its a car u wanna restore to its former glory. cuz there's only one, u wanna keep it stock. but u r right tho... wots their deal with tha price?

That car has been through so much and differnet setups with/without the supercharger, etc.. who even knows what its former glory was? It still would be 1 of 1 Saleen Contour. Just my opinion. I wouldn't want to own a slow Saleen Contour. :help: ;)

If i recall isnt the carbon fiber bumper beyond repair and they want like 20k for the car and it doesnt even run.

If i had the cash it would be nice to have a collector like this but i doubt it will ever appreciate.... I dont see poeple in 30 years going OOOO a contour SVT Saleen 1 of 1 on Barret Jackson.

the front bumper is cracked, but its not the CF thats cracked i dont think...and it does run, every morning they pull it out of the shop and every night the drive it back into the shop, it only has like 4500 miles on it

The car does need a couple of small places repaired on the fiberglass but the car did get an 18K mile engine a while back. They reflashed it and it's running like new. I talked to a mechanic there a while back.

Back