• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Mondeo ST200 intake box/filter

hotdimmes

Hard-core CEG'er
I searched a bit and didnt find any discussions on this. Why do you think our buddies across the pond use the standard non svt intake? Was the "mustang V6 intake" a bit of marketing or maybe giving us that American muscle sound we crave?

I know all about the "Conical filters flow better than square" info...so why don't those blokes get one stock?

Stefans_ST200_004.jpg

Twin air intakes? Care to elaborate?

Probably like how our focus SVT is, looks like a regular air box, but gets loud at WOT.

You can make a car's intake loud by drilling holes in the under side of the air box, there probably is another air snorkel underneath the air box.

Every air box on every car has a breather tube...... its nothing different than any other airbox if you had a sealed square box the only place air would get in is a the crack between upper and lower box, any box needs a opening on the underside for the air to pass into i work @ a body shop any i replace air boxes on almost any car thats hit in the front end

Last edited:
it has the normal intake from the wing and then another that comes out of the bottom and is angle towards the front of the car i'll see if i can find a pic :)

Fabio, you're not paying attention, my friend. The tube out the bottom of the box is in addition to the normal tube through the inner fender (aka "wing").

Back