• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Is the 01B78-S2 Instrument Panel Warpage Repair repair kit still available?

JEDsContour

CEG'er
Anyone know if the repair kit for the 01B78-S2 "Instrument Panel Warpage Repair" is still available from Ford. What is the part number?

I remember reading that you could order it at one time for $75.

Both of my 99 SVT's suffer this problem despite being nearly always either garaged or covered.

I'd rather go with the kit but if need be will come up with an alternative fix.

Wow, nothing like CEG for answers!

Wow, nothing like CEG for answers!

yes, I ordered one from Team Ford not to long ago, was about $55
P/N: 1S2Z-5404282-DA
Thanks BrApple, I just ordered two repair kits from Team Ford!

The local Ford Dealer Parts department (real friendly people) had no luck finding this and it's not listed in Team Ford's catalog, or at least not that I could find - but with your part number, no problems.

Thanks Todras for the PDF. I actually had saved a copy of that from the old boards and looked through it very carefully, which is why I am sure my best repair route is the kit.

I'm putting one of my cars up for sale soon and have been going through it to ensure everything is tip-top, especially after the long storage. I'll repair the dashes in both my cars simultaneously.

It’s funny, even the dash warpage with these two cars are near identical – its easy to forget which one I am working on.

Jed can you please check your PMs. Im extremely interested in your answer to my question.

I bought the kit for my 2000, but i didn't want to put that big metal part on, so i used the clips, I used the new defroster vent, and riveted it down with the supplied rivets. see pic:

dsc00631mediumws1.jpg

Back