• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Fastest contour

Ifordman98

CEG'er
I know the contour svt is no straight line car, but ive never been able to pinpoint what the fastest N/A 2.5, 3.0 and all around the fastest contour in 1/4 mile times.

fastest n/a is 13.47, fastest period is 13.2 turbo, and I believe there was also a 13.2 ran by a contour with nitrous, there was another recent thread on this that's why I knew this off hand

maybe but I was pretty sure on 13.2, either way, I was wondering why that's the fastest a contour has gone, there are a few contours with over 400whp, and there are other fwd cars with less hp running much better times. Is it just that nobody runs drag slicks or is there a weak link that nobody's found a way around yet when you reach a certain hp? I know traction is the ultimate enemy with these cars when you get to a certain level of power.

it's a damm shame how much power these engines can make with F/I, but the chassis and the rest of the drivetrain can't put it down.

I posted an 11.8 at Milan several years ago. There were witnesses (Brent from CEG IIRC and some Redlinemotorsport people) and the timeslip was posted on the old CEG site. Search back around '00 or '01

I posted an 11.8 at Milan several years ago. There were witnesses (Brent from CEG IIRC and some Redlinemotorsport people) and the timeslip was posted on the old CEG site. Search back around '00 or '01

so their timing system was fubared? on a related note, i once ran a 10.90 at lapeer in my 91 notch when it was stock. :shrug:

i searched every post you had on the old forums, and they only go back to August 16 2002?:shrug:

Back