• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Last call for the Dragon!!!

Klasse Act

I pee with gloves on!
As of today we've only got 8 days to go, but there's still time if any of you'd like to go. JD got his room a couple days ago, even though its not where we're staying its only a easy 2-3 miles away. The name of cabins are Mountain View and they're located in Tellico Plains Tennessee. I'm not trying to be pushy here, just extended the invite. I know Steeda and one of his bike friends are going, but didn't want to go with a car group:shrug: I'm not sure if they know this or not but there's going to be cars down there EVERY weekend you:crazy: I thought it would've been cool if they'd gone with us, but maybe next year. I'm really looking forward to the run this year because for myself its been pretty rough with the job BS and recently thinking about my Dad because its been a little over a year since I lost him.

So, if anyone is still interested in going, check out Mountain View cabins in Tellico Plains Tennessee and check out our post over in the southeastern forums for more info. We're leaving early next Friday (Sept 28th), possibly 2-3 a.m. if they're up to it, but no later than 5:00 a.m. Its an 11 hour drive (625 mile drive to get there), so you've gotta leave early to get there at a decent time. We plan on running the Dragon at night on Friday and our usual afternoon running will take place on Saturday, followed by a good dinner and general hanging out and BS-ing. Sunday is the drive home, so that's a short version of what's going on, but if you'd like to see more check out...
www.tailofthedragon.com www.killboy.com for info and pics of recent and past runs, they're in there!

Maybe next year:laugh: I know the place gets a bad reputation and all, but maybe after Steeda goes down there, I think this weekend or the next weekend after we go, he can chime in. I haven't found it to be bad at all, maybe I'm one of the lucky ones:shrug:

WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW

thats all i can say
Skyway WOW 25mph turns? ya sure
Dragon WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW never had so much fun in my life
Hellbender WOW 55mph speed limit with 25mph caution turns LOL ya good luck
Blue Ridge. Such a great site.

BTW there wasn't many cars out. On my flat out run of the dragon i passed 3 cars coming at me and caught up to and passed about 5 going in the same direction as me.

DRAGON WITH NO POLICE BEST ROAD IN USA HANDS DOWN. Skyway at night very close second

WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW

thats all i can say
Skyway WOW 25mph turns? ya sure
Dragon WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW never had so much fun in my life
Hellbender WOW 55mph speed limit with 25mph caution turns LOL ya good luck
Blue Ridge. Such a great site.

BTW there wasn't many cars out. On my flat out run of the dragon i passed 3 cars coming at me and caught up to and passed about 5 going in the same direction as me.

DRAGON WITH NO POLICE BEST ROAD IN USA HANDS DOWN. Skyway at night very close second

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh YES!, another satisified customer:cool: The Skyway at nightime is cool, all you've got is the light from the moon and stars, and your headlights and because its out in the country it really does help out. BTW Steeda, how much was gas going for down there, just curious.

I'm glad a couple of you guys are interested in going next year, no problem about saving and FWIW, plan on saving about $180.00 for (3) nights of lodging for sure and another $100.00 or so for gas and maybe another $100.00 for misc and food. IMO its well worth it, I've been saying it for years and yes, there are some fools out there, but I've only run into one and I think when he went off the road when he saw me (no, not you Kremit:p ) I think that scared him straight. I can't wait to run it at night, this is going to be another first for me and its been 5 years coming, can't wait!

They make roads down there different that is for sure. It sucks that I won't make it down this year but I will be FULLY prepared next year.....might even take some extra vacation time. Running it during the day is cool, but running at night is just awesome.

Yeah your wedding is more important for sure, but don't worry Hector, I'll have enough fun for both of us, trust me on that! I'll take a couple turns for you, how's that sound:laugh: Like we talked about, next year you and your bro can make it down and who knows, maybe Kevin will sack up and make the trip:shrug:

A little over 3 DAYS TO GO!!!

Kevin, come down to the Dragon? yeah right. we all know he doesn't go to any meets that are more than 20 miles from his house. except for SZ. :D:D:D

Back