• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

SHO drool

now that shows time and devotion, nice work ..

That's a pretty sweet motor he's got going there. When I had my 94 SHO I was all into these cars. Heres a few more pics I had on my comp of another SHO...

shoenginecb1.jpg

shostripessweetxc7.jpg

stripedshojs1.jpg

I thought I had some others, but apparently not.

Last edited:
thats cool, but where the hell do you find parts to build up that motor for boost? i'm gonna assume the SC is a custom setup.

Im not sure if it is a 'kit' or not. A few of the Denver SHO guys are boosted, and they have whatever they do down pat. Their cars are badarse and fast as balls.

thats cool, but where the hell do you find parts to build up that motor for boost? i'm gonna assume the SC is a custom setup.

Theres a Vortec kit out there for it. Very similar to that of the Contour kit they have for the 2.5L with the jack shaft going across the front of the engine.

yeah but isn't that discontinued??

there was a vid i saw a while back with a turbo SHO beating up on a CTS-V...can't even post it though, street racing.

Wow, thanks for the compliments guys. It's taken a long time to get to this point. I've been waiting on parts for almost a year. I did some more work on it today and it is about ready for me to drop it in tomorrow!

225912_655_full.jpg

225912_656_full.jpg

225912_657_full.jpg

225912_654_full.jpg

As for the SC... The SHO Shop used to make a kit for it. The kit they made didn't use a jackshaft, but it did use a lot of piping. I didn't buy the 'kit' from them, but I did buy the SC mounting bracket and piping so I could piece the rest together myself. Here's how it looked last year when I had the Vortech (T-trim) installed.

225912_490_full.jpg

Im gonna smack my brother to get him to finish his SHO. Unfortunately, it won't be blown, but still. That motor is beautiful. Nice work, and good luck with the install!:cool:

yeah more people should be painting the UIM and valve covers on teh csvt's, i know chris (blackcoog) has his polished and it looks sweet. i'm probably leaving mine black as the car is black, but the blower will be nice and shiny, and the custom overflow tank :D

Back