• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Finally finished my Contour.

thekep

CEG'er
It's been a work in progress since I got it. When I first got it, it was a stock LX. I just got the rear bumper on it, and I think I'm done with it. I know I don't have the SVT skirts, but I had the chance and decided not to. I wanted to leave it a little different. Here are a few pics of it done (I think). Let me know what you guys think and enjoy.

Attachments

• Complete4.JPG
    Complete4.JPG
    77.6 KB · Views: 0
  • Complete1.JPG
    Complete1.JPG
    82.1 KB · Views: 0
  • Complete2.JPG
    Complete2.JPG
    65.1 KB · Views: 0
  • Complete3.JPG
    Complete3.JPG
    91.6 KB · Views: 0
not bad, looks pretty clean, but def. needs svt skirts

very clean. I always wanted to know what a contour would look like with sideskirts other than the SVT skirts. Although its not sitting flush with the SVT front/rear, I sorta dig the look those sideskirts. Nice ride.

needs svt side skirts, and something cleaner as far as mesh goes, otherwise, looks great man, congrats on the rewards of hard work!

Nice, I just installed a Borla catback myself. Love the sound. I can't get my tips to line up perfectly though. They are centered but one sticks out a tad more than the other. I may need to torch the hanger a bit.

Did you tint your tails and rear reflector? It looks real good. I'm thinking about doing it also. Similar to how yours look where it looks like a deep cherry red color.

If so what product did you use? I have this black RC car window tint lacquer I might try.

Yeah, that mesh is looking really wavy. Try and smooth it out and it'll look much nicer :). And I personally think the SE sideskirts look pretty nice on the car, but thats just me :shrug:. But I mean, anything looks better than my GL so what do I know? :p

I think the area on the rear bumper should be kept black. It looks odd when painted.

Nice car. Mine would look the same if I had the front and rear bumpers (wish I did).

attachment.php

awesome pic..calendar worthy imo

I think it looks great, very clean looking. It's enough to get someone's attention but not to the point where it looks rediculous either. I say leave the side skirts the way they are, they look alright. Also if you put svt skirts on no one could tell that it was an SE. I dont know if that's what you trying to do but letting people see that it was a SE to a SVT convert you can get the credit, or people will just assume it's an SVT right away.

Please paint the rear drums black and add SVT skirts.

What he said. Other than that, it looks good.

I've never seen a painted drum (other than flat black) thats acceptable. And there is no substitute for SVT skirts when you have SVT bumper covers.

Last edited:
Thanks for all the comments. As for the reflector, I think it might be the lighting or something, because I haven't done anything to it. The drums and calipers are actually painted orange. They match my wipers, my hood, and I painted the inside ring of the grill orange. I'll post some pics. I also have, cough, orange neons that match up. I do need the fix the rear mesh though, just a matter of finding time. The skirts I think I'm going to leave. I actually like the way it looks.

Attachments

• Complete019a.JPG
    Complete019a.JPG
    72.3 KB · Views: 0
  • NewHood076a.JPG
    NewHood076a.JPG
    66.1 KB · Views: 0
Back