• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Will this fit non-svt???

just remember that you get what you pay for.... these kits are crap! judging from the picture, it should fit the non svt duratec v6, but like i said, crap!

What's crap about those intake kits? The filter? The fitment?

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the the MAF adaptor around $40 by itself? Plus what ever the filter costs.

I was also thinking about the CustomCougar short ram intake. Any comments about those?

Last edited:
I bought one off ebay like this and then just bought a K&N RU3530 filter to put on it. The filter is what is crap about that set-up, but other than that, silicone is silicone, and the intake tube is an intake tube...:shrug:

What's crap about those intake kits? The filter? The fitment?

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the the MAF adaptor around $40 by itself? Plus what ever the filter costs.

I was also thinking about the CustomCougar short ram intake. Any comments about those?

MAF adapter and filter and undersized. Your getting a 3" ID intake instead of a 3.4" ID MAF and filter.

OK I just received the intake today. I didn't order the same one as in the picture but it's similar.

After looking over it, I have one concern. The MAF adaptor doesn't have threaded holes. Aren't the bolts suppose to start on the MAF side and thread into the adaptor?

Back