• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

PCV Valve replacement on Zetec 2.0L

SleeperZ

CEG'er
Author: Nishal Patel
Applicable to: All vehicles with Zetec engine
(Downloadable text file attached)

Disconnect the Battery (Since you may spill Coolant on the wiring)

Remove the Air Intake Assembly to allow for more room.

Remove the 3 bolts holding the Coolant Thermostat Housing to the Block. If you have not draining the cooling system, you may have some Coolant leak here. Make sure you do not do this when the engine is hot.

Remove the 2 bolts from the top of the Exhaust Manifold Heat Shield. Remove the 3rd bolt from the middle of the shield. Remove the Heat Shield by sliding it up.

You should now be able to see the PCV system behind the Manifold. You will see a thin metal pipe going from the front of the engine to the right and around the engine under the Thermostat housing. Right at the edge where the pipe is running, there is a bolt holding this pipe to the block securely. Using a torx socket, remove this bolt. You may have to hold the thermostat housing up to access it. If it is easy for you, the best thing would be to remove the housing by disconnecting the hoses.

Once the bolt is removed from the bottom of the car, you are able to stick your hand up behind the Exhaust Manifold and grab the pipe. Pull the pipe out. You will see the PCV Valve come out on the tip of the pipe. Remove the PCV Valve and insert the new one.

You can now come out to the top of the car and insert the PCV Value back in and reinstall the other parts. Be careful when inserting the middle nut in the Exhaust Manifold Heat Shield. I put mine back in and it went in diagnal and stripped my threads.

Attachments

• zetec-pcv.txt
    1.7 KB · Views: 1
Back