• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Woodward Dream Cruise

PurdySVT

Veteran CEG'er
Hi Everyone,

Many of you know me either from spring zing 09 or on here. I wanted see if there was interest in a get together for the Dream Cruise on August 15th I live very close to woodward here in pontiac and have access to a parking lot on woodward and next to my house for FREE for the last few years my friend has used it and had a get together for the MIrotary club so plenty of Mazda Rx7 GEn1,2,&3 plus usualy there are at least some other interesting car with a rotary in it such as a ford anglia or a Sazuki Sidekick. Also a friend of mine usually brings his 03 SVT Mustang Cobra. I've always brought my 84 Mustang GT but this year I will have my CSVT as well. I like the Cruise atmosphere in Pontiac as there are more burnouts and less trafic. There is always a nice Car show going on downtown which is just a short walk away. It has always been plenty of fun. I would like to invite any and all CEGers who are interested to let me know. and we can go from there. We always have a little barbeque and it is run like a pot luck as in bring a dish to pass and what ever meat you wan't Drinking and hanging out in parking lot is always more than fine.... Let me know what you think. I'm interested in suggestions and questions Please come enjoy the parking lot and see what pontiac has to offer you won't be dissapointed.

same here. but i'd like more info on this rotary club you speak of. :)

http://mirotaryclub.net/ however the site seems to be down I talked to my friend and he doesn't know what the deal is but said he will be posting a thread on http://www.rx7club.com/ as most of the people are on there so as soon as he gets it up I l'll link it.

I believe they are like us in that are a forum for people who like rotary powered cars i.e. Mazda RX7,RX8 etc....

all the guys I've met have been cool. like I said it is pretty informal and they have never been able to come close to filling up the parking lot. so people usually just park their cars their to walk down town. We have been able to rope off the parking lot but it is easier to save places if their is a car in it.:laugh:

RawBurt you are welcome to stop by bring the EVO.... hangout etc.

rotary powered cars? who'd have thunk it?

with oil injection none the less oh and if that breaks just throw some 2-cycle in the tank..... but hey very few moving parts decent power and high redline. all Mazda's used to have them back in the 70's

with oil injection none the less oh and if that breaks just throw some 2-cycle in the tank..... but hey very few moving parts decent power and high redline. all Mazda's used to have them back in the 70's

Neal...mxracer drives a mazda rx8 :crazy:

Neal...mxracer drives a mazda rx8 :crazy:

well good for him... I'm glad he has such a cool car however I think the 3rd gen Rx7 is the best looking:drool:

anyways learn something new everyday..... He'll fit right in with the rx-7 crowd....

so Harrry are you coming?

well good for him... I'm glad he has such a cool car however I think the 3rd gen Rx7 is the best looking:drool:

anyways learn something new everyday..... He'll fit right in with the rx-7 crowd....

so Harrry are you coming?

I think so...We are sweeping up from I-696 and will be making our way towards you. So i'm thinking around 8:00.:shrug:

Kinda want to show the newbies around the place before we park around for the rest of the night. And watch the action.

I will probably try and come. Why the hell not. I love cruising on woodward!

Great I'd love to see Rara's old car after hearing about it from him. plus I love the color.

all are welcome bring a chair to sit watch cars....do what they do at stop lights during the cruise........ be warned if you have allergies they may be aggravated

Cleaned up the parking lot today. All ready for the dream cruise on August 15th 11am till dark or whenever all are welcome parking lot has been reserved for cool cars first come first serve ton's of fun very informal... all are welcome.

Want to go...but I plan on partying here in IL for my 30th Bday!:laugh:

You need to come here and celebrate it, its been a while since you guys have been here:shrug: I feel I almost need an Illinois drivers license with my trips there:laugh::laugh::laugh:

You need to come here and celebrate it, its been a while since you guys have been here:shrug: I feel I almost need an Illinois drivers license with my trips there:laugh::laugh::laugh:

come on now, you cant make hector drive 3-4 hours on his birthday. Go pick him up Roger :D

I'm driving out from Grand Rapids. I should be out there on Saturday afternoon/night. So keep an eye out for the tan 95 LX with the Merkur wheels on it. If I have time I might come up to Pontiac.

Back