• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Mach1 lip say wha?

i think a lowered SE with this lip would be waaay better looking than it does on my car.

i do agree that this isnt the best option. but hell, just today, i flexed the thing almost all teh way under my front bumper coming off my friends driveway, and it still looks like new. can't do that with a mirko lol

NICE! lol
Now I want one... and have no $$$ to buy one :cry:

Maybe if the bumper and the lip get painted it will look better, but now it looks kind of awkward.

Mach 1 lips (when fitted right) look surprisingly good on probes.

Wow... that does look good on the probe. Needs better pics, but what I'm wondering is why anyone would spend money on that pile. It looks like it's been through a major hail storm and then spray painted by little umpa lumpa's dancing around it :crazy:

well some days i wonder why i still try with my car.... its so beat up (by me lol) but today i got new strut mounts in the rear and tomorrow i'm changing some subframe bolts and re-tightening everything up front so i can chase down all my clunking and "snapping" sounds. i think the front end is the upper transmission mount bolt.... feels like its loosened up allowing the transmission to drop and rub on one of the lower control arm bolts.

Wow... that does look good on the probe. Needs better pics, but what I'm wondering is why anyone would spend money on that pile. It looks like it's been through a major hail storm and then spray painted by little umpa lumpa's dancing around it :crazy:

Here is a couple good ones. The Mach 1 on the white Probe is flawless.

analprobe.jpg

Those probes look really nice when its done right. Still like the mirko on the csvt better though

They definitely need a straight, smooth line to follow. All the curves throw it off. He Lincoln LS is another car that I feel can pull it off.

attachment.php

Mark

now i will say, this would look sick on a AAS bumper because they are smoother flowing on the front (but you gotta fill those stupid side louvers on those AAS bumpers)
I'd be tempted to do this when I install my Andy's kit on my SE, but I intend on having it LOW. I doubt I'd have the clearance for any kind of lip under the bumper. And there's nothing wrong with the "gills." :p

76yv1.jpg

MmMmmmMmm
HOLY HELL that is one FINE looking Focus!!! :drool: :drool: :drool:

Im all for it man. Its differant and im glad people are still trying things. Youll notice around here that you have an idea thats not cookie cutter CEG Contour then people wont like it. Dont get me wrong the cookie cutter idea of how a countour should looks great, but things like mirkos cost a lttle too much for me to put on my 3 thousand dollar daily driver. I love the mirko looks, but my bank account doesnt seem to agree

Youll notice around here that you have an idea thats not cookie cutter CEG Contour then people wont like it.

dude, STFU. we're all for stuff outside of the box. but just because it's different doesn't mean it's better. and in this case, a wavy looking chin spoiler looks like :censored::censored::censored::censored:.

dude, STFU. we're all for stuff outside of the box. but just because it's different doesn't mean it's better. and in this case, a wavy looking chin spoiler looks like :censored::censored::censored::censored:.

+1. TRicker tried something, posted up pictures for people to make up their own opinions on, and possibly replicate if they like it. I feel he took the criticism really well and should be commended for that. Whether he likes it or not is completely up to him.

things end up being "cookie cutter" because they generally work well. And in the grand scheme of things, if we were "cookie cutter" we'd be driving much more popular(and imo boring and played out) cars to begin with.

+1. TRicker tried something, posted up pictures for people to make up their own opinions on, and possibly replicate if they like it. I feel he took the criticism really well and should be commended for that. Whether he likes it or not is completely up to him.

things end up being "cookie cutter" because they generally work well. And in the grand scheme of things, if we were "cookie cutter" we'd be driving much more popular(and imo boring and played out) cars to begin with.

Well said Dimmes!

Mark

not sure if you guys get the Seat leon cupra R over there but the splitter off them fitted to a ST kitted mondeo is a mod we do over here.

mine..

newrims006Small.jpg

That is a nice looking splitter. Post more pics, front shot and close-up where it attaches to Mondeo bumper cover.

Can honestly say I've never heard of Seat. I thought you spelled the car name wrong but a quick google showed not.

Back