• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Another 3.0L?

Y2KSVT

Hard-core CEG'er
After much searching, I finally found a Mazda6 with most of the options I wanted. This one doesn't have leather (yet) or heated seats. It has a few issues that I wasn't aware of, but they were minor enough to go through with the deal and I'll fix the little things as time allows. I picked the car up Thursday night. Lisa and I drove 2 hours, meeting the seller halfway, and drove it straight home. This Saturday I only had enough time to clean the interior up a bit, wash it, clay bar, and only one coat of Zaino Z-5. I still need to do a coat of Z-2. Anyway, on with the pics!

IMG_1325.jpg

IMG_1326.jpg

Representin' with my SZ05 shirt through the reflection shot!
IMG_1327.jpg

IMG_1328.jpg

One of the things I wasn't aware of until I picked the car up. Looks like someone rubbed the ???? out of the paint until it dried it out. Not sure if there's anything I can do to fix this, or if I'll need to respray it...
IMG_1330.jpg

IMG_1333.jpg

IMG_1336.jpg

IMG_1337.jpg

So far I'm really liking the car. I started to forget how nice the 3.0L Duratec motor pulls! This is by no means as quick as my old SVT, but it's a nice starting point! :cool:

Mark

I don't think the interior matches..at all.

Other than that, the car is pretty nice...great pick up

With that picture of the interior, I agree. The flash was on and it makes everything look 5 different shades of grey. It's actually a pretty decent interior in person, and I REALLY didn't want to settle for cloth.

Mark

oooo do I see Bose?

Aren't you fancy ;)

Looks good, I would change the color of the calipers to black or something... this coming from a guy with red calipers :nonono: fml

lookin' good!

I'm wondering if that swirled mark was from the previous owner trying to scrub off tree sap or something.

There are a couple of little scratches in that area, so it looks like they tried buffing them out but ended up making matters worse. I may try and wheel it out, but I'm sure I'll need to respray it to make it right.

Mark

Lookin good Mark! Next time I'm in town I'll have to come check it out and go for a ride.

BTW, those swirl marks will come out. I'm not sure how deep they are and if some rubbing compound needs to be used, but some elbow grease will take it out. :)

nice find! same color as the one i was :drool: over at the used dealer down the block from me last summer...it was a 4cyl, but i watched that car for months and it disappeared off the lot more than once...i was sad thinking they had finally sold it

i took my expedition in to have some work done at the dealer mechanic shop next door and there was the mazda! it had taken root inside one of the service bays :nonono: and the mechanic mentioned to me that it had 'some problems'....i decided to steer clear of that one, especially after one day when someone was test driving it and it sounded like total ass

i think they ended up sending it to auction

now they have a graphite colored 03 mazda 6 that i've been looking at and i just paid my truck off :help:

Back