• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

'04 taurus engine vs '03 taurus engine??

Lokey CSVT

New CEG'er
Hey Guys,

I'm getting ready to start ordering parts for a port matched 3l swap me and my brother are doing into my 99 svt. I'm about to pull the trigger on a motor. I've got it narrowed down to two. The first is an '04 taurus motor with 50k for $690 shipped and the other is an '03 with 55k for $600 shipped. Are their any major differences in these two engines as far as the swap is concerned? Is there any reason for me to get the more expensive '04 engine? Thanks alot for the help! Look forward to finally being active in the CEG forum!!

Cheers

portmatched really doesn't matter the only difference is the crankcase vent box is already in the valley between the heads on the 03 motor. Id still go with the 04 though....

portmatched really doesn't matter the only difference is the crankcase vent box is already in the valley between the heads on the 03 motor. Id still go with the 04 though....

Forgive me I still have tons to read but you'd take the 04 over the 03 because of the lower miles or the position of the vent box or..? I just want to be sure that I'm not creating more work for myself by going with one engine over the other. Not remembering much about the crankcase vent box does but I think I recall it has something to do with the PCV valve, I'll have to search it. Again I have much to read up on but I just need to get the motor ordered asap. Thanks for the help

Back