• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Road Trip!

hetfield

or hetfeild
Or "What the hell did I get myself into?" As some of you who know me may already know, I bought Elky's black SVT. Me, my g/f, and Pole120 are flying to Boston Saturday morning where we will spend part of the day and then start our drive back to Wisconsin. We will drive from Lowell, MA to Syracuse, NY on Saturday and spend the night there. Sunday morning we will take I90 from Syracuse to Buffalo and around the Great Lakes to Chicago. In Chi-town we will take I294 around the city and take I94 up to Wisconsin. Here is the route according to Google Maps:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sou...5.677068&sspn=47.704107,79.013672&ie=UTF8&z=6

This will be a trip of about 1100 miles. Elky has been driving the car for the last few weeks to make sure there are no major problems. Still, anything could go wrong and I'll admit I'm a little nervous about the trip. If anyone here lives on or around our driving route and would be willing to lend a hand in case we would need a ride to an airport or hotel please consider PMing me a phone number.

Thanks.

Looks just like the drive to SZ next year!

Watch out for NY staties. Beautiful road, though, in upstate NY.

Road trips for good SVTs are entirely worth it. :)

I say you should go the extra couple hours to Buffalo and stop by Shawn's or Billdo's instead of stop in Syracuse. :p
Buffalo is like 7 hours from Elky's. Easily done!
You could make the drive home a tour of CEG. :laugh:

And I didn't know you were bringing the g/f too. yee!

sweet.

i might have a little side trip planned for saturday morning if things go well friday.
call me some night this week and we will discuss.

You have a PM! I'm just south of Cleveland.....I'll help you out if you need anything. I have 2 spare bedrooms I'll offer up too :cool:

good luck!

I say you should go the extra couple hours to Buffalo and stop by Shawn's or Billdo's instead of stop in Syracuse. :p
Buffalo is like 7 hours from Elky's. Easily done!

I already made a hotel reservation in Syracuse. Plus, the shorter the Saturday drive the longer we can spend in MA with your drunk asses. :D

And I didn't know you were bringing the g/f too. yee!

She wanted to go. I still don't think she fully realizes what she's getting into. Then again, neither do I.

sweet.

i might have a little side trip planned for saturday morning if things go well friday.
call me some night this week and we will discuss.

I'm sorry I haven't called you back at all. It seems like whenever you call things are crazy busy. I'll give you a call tonight.

You have a PM! I'm just south of Cleveland.....I'll help you out if you need anything. I have 2 spare bedrooms I'll offer up too :cool:

good luck!

Thanks. We may or may not be meeting up with a friend of Pole's who lives in Cleveland. I have no idea what time we'd be getting to the Cleveland area, so we may just have to play things by ear and give you a call.

Just for reference I'm 1.5 hours from the PA boarder and 5 hours from chicago. If you guys make a stop in Cleveland or need to crash for the night let me know.

Last edited:
It looks like 5 1/2 hours from Syracuse to Cleveland not counting short breaks. If we leave at 8:00am like I'm hoping we should be in Cleveland for a late lunch around 1:00 or so.

wow, I missed the whole Syracuse bit.

I'm heading there this weekend (Constantia NY) to help clear out a memorial trail.

dont stay in syracuse on your way back. i have two guest rooms at my house. you guys are more than welcome.

I think it's too late to cancel the hotel reservation since I booked through Priceline :( I got the room for cheap, but there were concessions made. :blackeye:

Normally, yes, but I got a $140 room for $80 through ""name your own price."

Can I change or cancel my hotel rooms?

Once you successfully Name Your Own Price for hotel rooms through priceline, that reservation cannot be cancelled or changed by priceline or the hotel that accepts your offer and no refunds will be given.

Back