• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Elky Mesh Install

elraido

I kant speel
Was there ever a how to on how to install this stuff, I searched but obviously not good enough. And why does it smell like ball sweet?

if you got the set straight from Elky and it was from a recent group buy then for the lower mesh in the front and rear bumper it is pre-cut. you just remove the stock mesh and install. on the front you can cutout the stock mech then re install to back up the front mesh. Since I never had stock mesh in the bumper I just used binder clips to help hold the mesh on, but its already a tight fit and it hasn't moved yet. As to the grill you need to remove the crome ring and then cut the stock mesh out and put the Elky mesh between the crome ring and the rest and use some screws to hold it together ...

if you got the set straight from Elky and it was from a recent group buy then for the lower mesh in the front and rear bumper it is pre-cut. you just remove the stock mesh and install. on the front you can cutout the stock mech then re install to back up the front mesh. Since I never had stock mesh in the bumper I just used binder clips to help hold the mesh on, but its already a tight fit and it hasn't moved yet. As to the grill you need to remove the crome ring and then cut the stock mesh out and put the Elky mesh between the crome ring and the rest and use some screws to hold it together ...

I got the rear mesh in (that was the part that was missing cause the car was rear ended). And I might just leave the front alone...I don't really want to start cutting and hacking....then I see pics of it. sigh.

you don't have to cut up your stock mesh for the front bumper ... just remove it and install the elky mesh, its pre-cut to fit over the tabs and its tight enough that it will not go anywhere. cutting and re-installing the stock mesh is to add support and to make sure it doesn't come off easily.

you don't have to cut up your stock mesh for the front bumper ... just remove it and install the elky mesh, its pre-cut to fit over the tabs and its tight enough that it will not go anywhere. cutting and re-installing the stock mesh is to add support and to make sure it doesn't come off easily.

I know about the lower not being cut but I need to take off the splash guard and all that fun stuff. And to get enough clearance I need to get it up on ramps. And to get it up on ramps I need to go to my freinds house to use his car trailer ramp extensions. That and it would look a little goofy with the lowering being elky and the top being stock.

I know about the lower not being cut but I need to take off the splash guard and all that fun stuff. And to get enough clearance I need to get it up on ramps. And to get it up on ramps I need to go to my freinds house to use his car trailer ramp extensions. That and it would look a little goofy with the lowering being elky and the top being stock.

to much complaining, just get it done ...

edit: there is enough space to get under there after the splash shield is off or you can remove the bumper, neither need the front of the car to be up in the air ....

Back