• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

A fire in my parents garage melted my E1's :( a few pics.

Evilhaze

CEG'er
This happened about a month or so ago. A battery charged weed wacker shorted out and lit the place on fire.

Picture125.jpg

Picture126.jpg

Picture127.jpg

Picture121.jpg

The good news is insurance is covers everything that was lost and theres a guy in my city with a set of E1's that he's willing to sell.

damn, that sucks!

Glad insurance will help, and you found replacements.. they aren't THAT hard to come by..

I've got 6 that I would part with, too.

I'll keep you in mind if i can't get the ones in my city. Though it would probably cost me a fortune to ship them over the border.

The garage had a a lot of my stuff in it. I had all my baseball equipment, tools, jacks, stands, more parts from my car. My dad had a snowblower, and 2 generators and the back seats from his '06 dodge caravan. You'd :censored::censored::censored::censored: your pants if I told you how much those were worth.

Fire also went into the attic of the house and the firefighters poured so much water on it that it completely destroyed the house.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO SUCKS DOESN'T COME CLOSE TO COVER IT :cry: ON THE UP SIDE YOU SAID YOU WERE COVERED , ALSO IF YOU CAN SCRAPE UP THE REMAINS AND FIND A METAL RECYCLER ALUMINIUM PRICE'S ARE PRETTY HIGH. GOOD LUCK

sell them on ceg

custom.
His parents garage burns to the :censored:ing ground, losing thousands upon thousands of dollars worth of stuff, including a perfectly good set of E1's, and all you can say is sell them custom? Are you :censored:ing kidding me? Have some :censored:ing heart.

OP, that seriously sucks :blackeye:. Hopefully a lot of that stuff can be compensated for that was lost. I know you said insurance covers it but sometimes insurance companies can be tough to deal with! Good luck with everything :cool:.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP, that seriously sucks :blackeye:. Hopefully a lot of that stuff can be compensated for that was lost. I know you said insurance covers it but sometimes insurance companies can be tough to deal with! Good luck with everything :cool:.
My parents told me they've been paying for the Gold Class insurance from this company for over 20 years. Insurance companies are on the mother :censored: ball when you do that. My dad already had $$ for all my stuff that was ruined, just gotta wait for him to make a trip to the city I live in.

Let it be a lesson to you kids, don't skimp on the insurance, they can't wait to :censored: when you get the gold class.

Last edited by a moderator:
His parents garage burns to the :censored:ing ground, losing thousands upon thousands of dollars worth of stuff, including a perfectly good set of E1's, and all you can say is sell them custom? Are you :censored:ing kidding me? Have some :censored:ing heart.

Relax,
Learn to take a joke!

-Andy

Back