• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Carbon fiber engine covers

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. NorMich99SE- red/black
2. My98SVTturbo- Black
3. icysvt- silver
4. bagged - regular CF
5. HolyRollerzC3 - regualar CF
6. ryanblacksvt-red/black
7. Joey Contour - regualr CF
8. Project SVT - regular cf or blue/black
9. Powered by Saleen - black CF
10. Trek - regular CF
11. Chris@CTA - regular CF
12. SVT_Fomoco- Black
13. Schattastic SVT - regular CF
14. silverfrost - black
15. Fordman302- Regular CF
16. QBCSVT - Regular CARBON FIBER
17. Frosty-Reg CF or blue/blk
18. Black 98 CSVT - Blue/Black
19. Sportracer - red/black(depending on when payment is due)
20.MScotts-black

Any more people?

I could probably get one but won't have the money till January.

1. NorMich99SE- red/black
2. My98SVTturbo- Black
3. icysvt- silver
4. bagged - regular CF
5. HolyRollerzC3 - regualar CF
6. ryanblacksvt-red/black
7. Joey Contour - regualr CF
8. Project SVT - regular cf or blue/black
9. Powered by Saleen - black CF
10. Trek - regular CF
11. Chris@CTA - regular CF
12. SVT_Fomoco- Black
13. Schattastic SVT - regular CF
14. silverfrost - black
15. Fordman302- Regular CF
16. QBCSVT - Regular CARBON FIBER
17. Frosty-Reg CF or blue/blk
18. Black 98 CSVT - Blue/Black
19. Sportracer - red/black(depending on when payment is due)
20.MScotts-black
21. dpa43 - Regular CF

Carbon fiber will lay down and go around easy curves , But like this peice it has some hard curves like around the oil area. You can only strecth the carbon so far. But the part looks real good i think

The one i have on my car isn't scrunched up like that at all...there must be a way to do it.... Input?

DSC02117.jpg

Last edited:
We are changing the molds right now to make the parts differant. We were vacuum infusing them but the parts were not as nice as we want but they still look really good but took forever to make a peice so we are making a close mold injection mold right now to make the parts look better and make them fast. We sould have them done by next week. We have a total of 21 on here 12 cougar forum and 25 going across the pod. We got one of them engine covers that the other company made and it was not very nice i thought. There weave was messed up around the oil cap and it was faded as hell. I just want to make really good peice for you guys.

tony

Carbon fiber looks differant from differant angels And if you are 1 foot away or 5 feet away

OK, but i'm telling you that the cover on my car has absolutely none of the issues/flaws i saw in the one you posted and stated there was no way around, hence my question. There has to be a way to do it, without the imperfections since, it's obviously been done.:shrug:

If a good UV resin is not used, then you'll get the yellowing effect. About 6 years ago, some guys in Cali made some that didn't get the yellowing or the scrunched CF.

Josh,
He's using the standard 2x2 twill found throuhgout the industry. I'm sure Tony will get the mold and technique figured out. It is possible to have the CF lay correct as you know because you have that on your car. But with all those tight turns in the oil filler area, it's quite hard to do.

yeah,the one that chknhwk made did have yellowing issues but the weave was nice.:shrug:

Mine is not one that Chknhwk made. Mine and the ones like them don't yellow. As far as i know they were produced my the company that made the EVO style hoods, there aren't a lot of them, but they're top notch.

We made one last night and ran the weave the other way and it seamed to work nice. It seamed if we run the weave left bottom to top right it works great. When the weave is ran right bottom to top left the weave will bind a little. So everything is fixed.

wow you guys at top shop seem to be putting alot of effort into this. looks like its going to be well worth the money for the time and effort put into this. Nice work guys!

I think I'm going to have to give in and grab one of these. I was holding back because I've had the worst luck with CF, but this is just too tempting.

My old CF IMRC cover yellowed like crazy, and my brand new CF sail panels I installed this year were turning yellow by mid-summer. :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back