• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Vacation this weekend

KerryKool

Hard-core CEG'er
On Saturday morning, I'll be flying up (first time flying) to Georgia to visit my grandparents and see their new home. I'll be about 10 miles outside of Dahlonega and about 40-50 miles from Atlanta. I'll be staying until next Thursday.

The thing is, the first couple of days, they have a few places for me to see. But the rest of the week is up for options. I have a few places in mind but would like to hear what SE CEGers have in mind.

If its not to far out or in Atlanta, I may be able to do it. Any suggestions?

I don't know GA, but if it's your first time flying you might want to consider chewing on a piece of gum during take off and landing to help equalize the pressure in your ears. It's uncomfortable for some, others don't notice it, and everyone else knows the trick of holding your nose and blowing with your mouth closed to get it done (if you get really good, you can do it without holding your nose), lol.

Mike.

I don't know GA, but if it's your first time flying you might want to consider chewing on a piece of gum during take off and landing to help equalize the pressure in your ears. It's uncomfortable for some, others don't notice it, and everyone else knows the trick of holding your nose and blowing with your mouth closed to get it done (if you get really good, you can do it without holding your nose), lol.

Mike.

might i add that you want to do it VERY VERY gently, but instead of blowing you want to swallow because your decreasing the pressure on the middle ear not increasing it as you would in diving, if you blow you could rupture the tempanic membrain as well as damage the round or oval window and that HURTS take it from a diver ;)

It shouldn't be a problem with the whole airplane biz as I was an avid swimmer a little while ago. I'll bring some gum just in case though.

I've been to a few sites that has a whole list of places to see. I just want know the "must see" places in and around Atlanta. Road Atlanta is nearby and will check out that website for any events happening during my stay.

I will keep looking for places to go, but still up for suggestions.

If you are into local racing

If you are into local racing

My suggestions for motor sports in the area.

Georgia Karting Komplex
Track:? 1/4 Mile - Clay
Race Schedule:? Saturday Racing
Nearest Metro City:? Carnesville, GA
Address: ?252 Komplex Drive, Carnesville, GA? 30521
E-Mail:
Web Site:
? www.gakartingkomplex.com

Blue Ridge Mini Speedway
Track:? 1/5 Mile - Clay
Race Schedule:? Friday Night Racing starting in April
Nearest Metro City:
? Blue Ridge, GA
Address:
?911 South Appalachian Highway, Blue Ridge, GA
? Rodney Byers ? 770-735-2410 or 678-910-1989
E-Mail:
Web Site:
? www.blueridgeminispeedway.com

North Georgia Mini Speedway
Track:? 1/5 Mile - Clay
Race Schedule:? Saturday Racing ? Gates Open 4pm ? Racing 6pm
Nearest Metro City:? Dalton, GA
Address: ?5186 Highway 225 North, Chatsworth, GA? 30705
E-Mail:
Web Site:
? www.northgaminispeedway.com

All are great Kart tracks and you will find the locals very friendly. If you enjoy good dirt racing and lots of banging check them out. North Ga is my favorite, but the speeds at carnesville are way up there.

You might check out Panoz and see if they have things open for a tour.

Dixie Speedway Starts “Every Saturday Night” Stock Car Racing for It’s 39th Time May 5 Woodstock, GA. Dixie Speedway will officially open it’s 2007 Season on Saturday night, May 5. The date will mark the 39th time that the “Greatest Show on Dirt” has opened it’s annual “Every Saturday Night” Stock Car Racing season since doing so for the first time in 1969.

Dixie is a great place to watch Dirt car racing and since it is the opening night, there will be tons of cars racing with lots of heats.

Now if the grand parents let you take the Grand Marquis out on Sunday afternoon, doing some drifting around the mountain roads would be a treet in a land yacht!

Thanks, I'll definately have to check out those places.

But as for:

Now if the grand parents let you take the Grand Marquis out on Sunday afternoon, doing some drifting around the mountain roads would be a treet in a land yacht!

No Marquis. But they do have a BMW 525i and a Z3 coupe. :laugh: I'll be asking for a test drive in the Z3. :cool:

On Saturday morning, I'll be flying up (first time flying) to Georgia to visit my grandparents and see their new home. I'll be about 10 miles outside of Dahlonega and about 40-50 miles from Atlanta. I'll be staying until next Thursday.

The thing is, the first couple of days, they have a few places for me to see. But the rest of the week is up for options. I have a few places in mind but would like to hear what SE CEGers have in mind.

If its not to far out or in Atlanta, I may be able to do it. Any suggestions?

There's some KEELER roads up there in Dalonega: Hwy 60, 120, 316, and such. Grab a car and go driving. =]

The flight was good and I loved the view. :cool:

I've seen a Green SVT with a guy driving and girl in the passenger seat and a dog in the back. It was in a small shoping plaza off of Olde Perimeter Way.

Hey glad to here you made it safe..GA is a beautiful place..Been there a few times myself for a wedding and for Thanksgiving once..

The senery is beatiful. Trees are everywhere, the roads are twisty, and the mountains are vast. You don't see that in FL.

On a side note, I believe I saw a Silver SVT, but can't confirm. It was off of Auraria Rd yesturday.

Back