• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Side Exhaust

Hooterlure69

CEG'er
OK guys before you go crazy on me i saw a lighting with the side exhaust in from of the tires the other night and was wondering it it would be cool to have the exhaust bent to come out the jack point access. Now adding to that i saw something on trucks a while back where they came out with a module that has a gate on it and you flip a switch to either have the exhaust come out the back or in front of the tires. I know you would be having three tips but i think it would be kinda cool, for at least ten minutes right??

go for it, electric exhaust cut outs side exit style out the rear jack covers

side exhaust is pretty stupid on a 4 door car. There is a reason you dont want exhaust exiting below a functional door and window. Thats why vans come with a warning to not open the rear vent windows on the doors or they just dont come with rear vent windows.

I believe people have either tried this, or atleast thought about it just as you are. One of the biggest obsticles was that the heat would melt the area around the jackpoint.

I would personally never do it, but to each its own.

I believe people have either tried this,
Yes alot of people...and it looks nasty :blackeye:
Some put hole in their bumbers..others put it at their jack cover points...Name it it has been done :crazy:

One of the biggest obsticles was that the heat would melt the area around the jackpoint.
Not only that...but it looks ghetto on a 4 door car. :blackeye:

Yes alot of people...and it looks nasty :blackeye:
Some put hole in their bumbers..others put it at their jack cover points...Name it it has been done :crazy:

Not only that...but it looks ghetto on a 4 door car. :blackeye:

+1

Hold the phone, did our definition of ghetto match up. Wow, something bad is bound to happen :laugh:

okay well i was just throwing it out there i was not really going to do it didn't know if there were any pics of this floating around.....but thanks for all the feedback.

side exhaust is pretty stupid on a 4 door car. There is a reason you dont want exhaust exiting below a functional door and window. Thats why vans come with a warning to not open the rear vent windows on the doors or they just dont come with rear vent windows.

I've seen it done on a Taurus NASCAR style before and it was pretty cool, but you bring up a good point. I never thought about that.

Back