• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Rear Disc Calpier rebuild kits

Aussie Ford

Hard-core CEG'er
Ok so I got all the junk to install the rear disc brakes, and like you all I had to clean up everything and paint the stuff (even though I got steelies and no one will ever see the paint job). I also got new pads, and rotors. So then I start looking for caliper kits to do a rebuild and NO ONE HAS THEM!! well I did find a shop here that is a major truck brake supplier / rebuilder. They said if you can get newly rebuilt calipers then someone is doing kits for them, and they found a supplier somewhere in Calif. I haven't received them yet, but they are supposed to be on the way. I'll believe it when I have them in hand.

SO, my question is does anyone know where caliper kits for the rears are available? These have to be the easiest ones I have ever done judging from the taking of them apart....

Ok so I got all the junk to install the rear disc brakes, and like you all I had to clean up everything and paint the stuff (even though I got steelies and no one will ever see the paint job). I also got new pads, and rotors. So then I start looking for caliper kits to do a rebuild and NO ONE HAS THEM!! well I did find a shop here that is a major truck brake supplier / rebuilder. They said if you can get newly rebuilt calipers then someone is doing kits for them, and they found a supplier somewhere in Calif. I haven't received them yet, but they are supposed to be on the way. I'll believe it when I have them in hand.

SO, my question is does anyone know where caliper kits for the rears are available? These have to be the easiest ones I have ever done judging from the taking of them apart....
I could not find rebuild kits 3 months ago for the rears. I wound up buying rebuilt ones and swapping them.

Jim T.

I got my parts and they are the right ones, so her is the info for the rear disc calipers:

These folks don’t sell to the public so I have included the contact info to find a dealer in your area. I bought the kits for my rear non SVT calipers from them via a local dealer here in portland, ore. $15 ea. A bit steep but the only game in town I could find at the time.[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Centric Parts - [/FONT][FONT=&quot]In portland I got them through Brake Systems Inc, over around 21st & Sandy blvd by Timberline Dodge.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot](brake parts) Contour rear caliper rebuild kit #143.61021, replaces #41175. $15 ea.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Contact Information[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Telephone[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]626.961.5775[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]FAX[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]626.961.5877[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Postal address[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]14528 Bonelli St. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Industry, CA91746[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Industry, CA91746[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Electronic mail[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]General Information: info@centricparts.com
Technical Support: tech@centricparts.com[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
Here is another online supplier for less loot. Note the part number they are made by Centric.
Auto Parts Giant
Need Help! Call Our Auto Parts Experts
1-877-65-GIANT
(Toll Free 877-654-4268)
Mon-Sat 8am to 6pm PT​
CARLSON
DISC BRAKE CALIPER REPAIR KIT
Note: rear; w/rear disc; fmsi pad/shoe ref# d661 $5.41​

Just thought I'd revive this and say I ordered this repair kit from this place on-line. Guess I'll see how it turns out. The shipping was ridiculous. $10.95 plus $4.95 handling. The shipping costs more then the parts! Still it's the only place I can find that sells it, so eh gotta do what ya gotta do I guess.

Those kits do not come with a new dust boot. You can get the rear disc brake "rebuild" kits all over the place, but good luck finding the dust boot :eek:.....

I checked all over the place. I was also in contact with a caliper rebuild fascility and offered $ for just the dust boot. They would only give me a dust boot if I would buy the entire rebuilt caliper :blackeye:. :nonono:.

I gave up after that.

I even got ahold of a powder coater in CA that does the rebuilds as well. He wouldn't give me any info except that where he gets his, he has to buy 100 of each size and that's the only way I could get them.

I checked all over the place. I was also in contact with a caliper rebuild fascility and offered $ for just the dust boot. They would only give me a dust boot if I would buy the entire rebuilt caliper :blackeye:. :nonono:.

I gave up after that.

I even got ahold of a powder coater in CA that does the rebuilds as well. He wouldn't give me any info except that where he gets his, he has to buy 100 of each size and that's the only way I could get them.

WOW what a PIA I can get them but they have to be ordered in no problem.

Aussie, did this kit come with the slide pin pressed in boots, the piston dust boot, and the piston o-ring?

As I recall this was just the o-ring and dust boot for the caliper piston. I have not used them yet too many other things to do, you know. It is on the list of things to do this summer however as I need to do the brakes on my 95 anyway. IIRC Auto Zone sells a hardware kit for them that includes the pins and dust caps.

AF

Back