• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

pics anyone?

SICILIANSVT82

Hard-core CEG'er
hey guys i finally got a hold of the night shade spray for the rear reflector...but i'm still debating on doing this...does anyone have a few pics of this done? i am also thinkin about doing the tail lights...i haven't seen any pics of this..so i was just wondering...what do you guys think?:shrug:

Here you go bud, it was the first mod i did to my black CSVT . I''ll take pics of her cleaned up and also of my SF, which also has them tinted when i get a chance :cool:

DYYaUn931554-02.jpg

tinted tails was also my first mod. they lasted for about two weeks and i returned it back to stock

tinted tails was also my first mod. they lasted for about two weeks and i returned it back to stock

oh really? what about doing a few coats...does it make it darker and darker? a buddy of mine just did his on his srt4...it looked soo good he gave me the rest of the can to do mine....

the more you put on, the darker it gets. i did two coats. it really makes the car look cheaper IMO. but to each his own. some people really like the look. the tint can look very good if you put the time into it. search for pics of Imnotacop420 and MLuko's cars. they did a light tint with clear over it. it looks great.

I havent whored in a while :laugh:

DSCF0232.jpg

DSCN0912.jpg

Red LED's
DSC00048.jpg

I think the key is THIN coats, I did 3 coats. I ended up sanding off the first coat though, I didnt realise how thin the night shades was and I had to clean up some runs on the first coat. Clear will make a difference too, I dont like the flat look it has without clear

oh really? what about doing a few coats...does it make it darker and darker? a buddy of mine just did his on his srt4...it looked soo good he gave me the rest of the can to do mine....

I had this done to one of my old Contours and to my Mystique. I did 2 nice coats and cleared it. I didn't use night shades though. I used a spray coating from a hobby store made for tinting the windows on rc cars, click here. I got it for $4 for 3oz. It was enough to do 2 cars - 4 tail lights and 2 reflector pieces - with 2 nice coats.

ehobbies-com_2059_23784551

The durability was great, just make sure to clean the lenses good before you tint them.

The pic on the black SVT is too dark.. I did this to my thirdgen and just did a bunch of light light coats so that they still looked red but were a blackish-red... I wanted them to stay a little bit shiney and not look so iilegal but at night you cant even tell theyre tinted..

I also noticed that when i tinted my orange signals i noticed they kind of tinted them darker red which didnt look very good with the orange backing..

I took mine off and got some stock ones from harrys :)... I like stock better...

But this is what mine looked like before I went back to stock... Ill sell them to ya! you would have to glue the bolts onto the ends of the middle reflector though because the rust got to the outter bolts and there was no way to get them out but break them.. it looks like the person who had it before me did the same and glued them back in place.. Also, the license plate holes are stripped out... damn previous owner.. haha

svtrear.jpg

wow your guys cars look sweet...imnotacop...dude i hate you...lol your car is sick! i may get to this little project this weekend...thanks for the whorish photos guys!

The pic on the black SVT is too dark.. I did this to my thirdgen and just did a bunch of light light coats so that they still looked red but were a blackish-red... I wanted them to stay a little bit shiney and not look so iilegal but at night you cant even tell theyre tinted...

:shrug: I did mine that dark on purpose.I wanted to go with a blackout theme.....and i don't think its illegal unless you cant see the light when you signal or brake.On mine you can see everything still during day or night all you gotta do is add a coat or 2 of clear and it will shine through pretty good :shrug:.........and well i never got stopped or pulled over because of my tint :shrug: might be different in other states......but as long as its legal in Oklahoma im OK :laugh:

As far as I remember, you shouldn't black out the lights completely because you are required (I would imagine, most if not all states) to have rear facing red reflectors. This was discussed once before when some one attempted clear taillights.

:shrug: never pulled me over?? Everyone around here has tinted or if not a night shade cover on their tailights......

As far as I remember, you shouldn't black out the lights completely because you are required (I would imagine, most if not all states) to have rear facing red reflectors. This was discussed once before when some one attempted clear taillights.

I do believe this to be true. the member in question added red reflectors to the bottom edge of the bumper to remain compliant.

I asked a cop in mcdonalds one time and he said if he wanted to he could pull me and give me an improper equipment voilation...

And after looking i guess mine arnt so light either :laugh::laugh:

Formula006.jpg

Not a personal fan on most cars. Especially Black Cars!

On all the other colors its not bad depending on what you wanna achieve with your look.

I do like Imnotacop's, lightly tinted!

- amyn

Back