• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

The Interior Thread

Savior

CEG'er
I see a thread for most other things, but amazingly enough, there isn't one for interiors specifically.

I know a lot of people don't rice-ify their tour's interior, but most people add various mods ranging from aesthetic stuff like gauge faces, shifter boots, pedals, neat stereos, lighting effects, and bits of trim to more advanced stuff like A-pillar gauges, electronic control units and monitoring stuff. An some people just like to keep their interiors stock and immaculately clean.

So this is a thread for all interior stuff. Post, explain, and brag if you must!

Here's mine; mostly stock so far. Custom stereo, steering wheel wrap (to cover the aging, worn-out stock leather steering wheel), blue-LED-lit gauges that you can't see in th daylight, and some meta pedals that I got with the car. Beyond that I just keep my interior as clean as possible and I shine the leather and vynil regularly with Armor All Ultra Shine...

Interior2008-Console.jpg

Interior2008-Cabin.jpg

Interior2008-BackSeat.jpg

12.jpg

11.jpg

very nice and clean...but...leather shouldn't be that shiny. Looks like you rubbed everything down with baby oil.

Did you use Armor-all(spelling) or something?

yea it looks really wet. Maybe you just got done putting it on the seats and took a pic? Just remember don't put armor all on the steeringwheel. I don't put it there, the shift of the door handles.

I posted in the last interior thread, but oh well :shrug:

I posted in the last interior thread, but oh well :shrug:

quoting myself:
Black carpet, SVT seats, pillar gauges, all indiglo, ford logo on steering wheel, B&M knob, & purple crush velvet in my '95 V6 MTX
DSC00898.JPG

DSC00899.JPG

Z.jpg

AQ.jpg

(took pics out for size)

do you drive it or just jack it up and roll the wheels?

cause that interior is CLEAN. i wish my carpets looked like that.

I drive it everyday. It's my only car. I bought the car with 101K from the original owner. He had about 3 sets of towels in every footwell to protect to the floormats and carpet. I've since taken the floormats and put them in storage. They only come out for car shows. I've just got some rubber OEM SVT winter mats in there now with towels over those to protect the carpet from getting dirty. Seats, shifter, and steering wheel get cleaned and conditioned after every wash which is what the original owner did. It's amazing how all the leather components look like they have less than half the wear compared to other cars with similiar mileage just because the leather stays conditioned. I also do not put my hands on the leather portion of the steering wheel or shift knob when driving. I'm trying to keep the wear to a minimum. :)

fuz, did you do that purple door panel lining yourself? Did you have to use glue of some sort making it a non reversible mod?

It is not glued. I tucked it in the door seam and it is wrapped around to the back side on the top and glued behind there. I will be replacing the door panels with svt ones.

I'm all for leather conditioning, but I don't like the shiny, wet leather look. It looks like it might come off and leave oil stains on your clothes, like Soul Glow or something.

I'm all for leather conditioning, but I don't like the shiny, wet leather look. It looks like it might come off and leave oil stains on your clothes, like Soul Glow or something.

The Meguiars leather conditioner does this. Gives the shiny look and makes the seats really slippery when you sit in them. Griot's Leather in a Bottle leather conditioner is the complete opposite though. Seats look dry and the its actually harder to slide around in once applied. Smells like real leather too. :drool:

i know han:). it looks so slippery that if u make too quick a turn, u'll find urself on the pavement after getting flung outta the car.:laugh:

It's just Armor All, and yes I had just shine it. The wet look rubs off soon though, doesn't make marks on clothes, and doesn't really make it slippery. It's just a short-lived illusion :(

I want o get my hands on some of that Griot stuff now though, especially after hearing that it "smells like real leather!" I love the smell of good leather. Sometimes when I'm at the mall I wander into Wilson's Leather store and just wander around and bask in the thick, pungent scent of luxury, lol. I would love for my car to smell like pure class! :p

I almost forgot what the inside of my car looked like without a bunch of dirt. I guess it's time to hose it out.
DCFC0033.jpg

Back