• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Swapping Parts from one to another

It's also difficult because I'd pretty much be giving up my current DD which has 161k on her and I've had her since she was 4 miles young. I've never had any major issues either *knock on wood* and I assume that's because I baby her.

Just tough decisions coming my way lately.

yeah and plus you dont have to drive around with the smaller pulley, or even with the supercharger installed. have a conservative tune and boost. and have a second tune when you want to romp around. hence the reason why I bought the PRP for the xcal. plus the 3L i have has 10k on her and the body has ~70k. build your beast enjoy it . probably end up keeping it and buy yourself a new family fun car later. ur too young to have the crisis...enjoy your self.......

you know I am right..... lol

well im going to be cleaning the garage and getting it ready to start pulling the engine and trans. trying to help intice christian into buying it.

So what would you then do with the engine and trans if I don't end up getting it from you?

well this is back on and is happening this weekend.

my address zip is 37042 clarksville tn. if anyone is interested in coming up here to help with the swap

so far list is
koni/GC
vortech SC kit
msds vortech spec headers
tubular LCA
boxed rear subframe
new suspension from ford
38# inj
clutch.net clutch and new insert for the fidaza flywheel
svt radiator
90mm MAF

so as you can see its a big list starting fri and hoping to finish it sunday.

ANY HELP would be greatly appreciated..

well this is back on and is happening this weekend.

my address zip is 37042 clarksville tn. if anyone is interested in coming up here to help with the swap

so far list is
koni/GC
vortech SC kit
msds vortech spec headers
tubular LCA
boxed rear subframe
new suspension from ford
38# inj
clutch.net clutch and new insert for the fidaza flywheel
svt radiator
90mm MAF

so as you can see its a big list starting fri and hoping to finish it sunday.

ANY HELP would be greatly appreciated..

You forgot to add Meth Inj, fuel pump, beer and grilled meat.... but yes it should be fun.

also dont forget. blustreak is removing the parts off of the black car and bringing them with him. so there will be no de modding the black car. just super modding of the red one... I just wanted to clarify that.

If anyone from Atlanta or the surrounding area wants to come up you're welcome to ride with me. I'll be leaving tomorrow (Fri) morning and coming back Sunday. Sort of late notice yes but if you have nothing else to do come along and have fun making a beast of a car. Cars and beer what more could you ask for.

ob1 and ICY you guys rock thanks so much...we finished the mounts and motor install last night about 3am now its mount everything back on to the motor
no prob man I was glad to help with what I could. Can't wait to see that beast on the road now.

Glad I could help that was one heck of a ride though . it might just be my age getting to me! :) This thread needs more pics!

Thank You guys, I agree you both kick ass. That was the first time I've witnessed a motor pull on this platform so it was very informative.

I didn't get to leave until 12:20am Mon morning (1:20 here in Atlanta) so I didn't get back until 5:30am here & it was raining the whole drive back. I slept for 2 hours, unloaded the car, took it back to Enterprise and then went to work. After work I was feeling pretty good so I went to a concert :laugh:

It was a fun weekend and I can't wait until I get to make the drive with the car! .......and I should be able to get pics up relatively soon.

here are a few
img96775433470.jpg

By fordrule, shot with Canon EOS DIGITAL REBEL at 2009-07-19

img96845523671.jpg

img96394427477.jpg

img96454501486.jpg

it looked like thi..i thought the black would go better...sorry ob i know how much u wanted the intake

i really want to find a way to relocate the fuse box....but that would be major. but it would look so much cleaner in the bay.. kind of a hot rod route

....i really want to find a way to relocate the fuse box....but that would be major. but it would look so much cleaner in the bay.. kind of a hot rod route

That's something I've been thinking about and am sure I can take care of it once it's at its new home.

**sorry about the pictures I've been working A LOT so the last thing I want to do when I get home is to be on the computer. I'm also out in Cali right now for work so if I get time one of these nights in my suite I'll get them uploaded because I think I brought the memory card with them on it.

Back