• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

black and tan

Jaybird

Veteran CEG'er
My car had Gray cloth interior originaly and I began swaping in the midnight blu leather goodies, console and front door panels...ect. alittle at a time.

Well I changed course and went Black and Tan. All this came out of my parts car(Mystique) and into the Contour. I love it !!! All I need now is a pre98 console, dash and do something about the hole in my headliner.

blackandtan1.jpg

blackandtan2.jpg

blackandtan3.jpg

Not bad at all, I thought about doing black/tan with mine. I think I might have too now, I like the look of it.

The dash and wheel look like grey to me as well, but I do belive the dash was mentioned in the original post.:ponder:

oh jesus, my 19 inch LCD monitor is junk. I just looked at this thread again on my laptop and its extremely noiceable that everything is tan.

Although, technically it wasnt me being dumb, it was a technology related error.

:laugh: only you Alias...cheap digital camera + no flash = low quality pics.
The only grey I see is the hair on my head.

I didnt swap over the wheel and dash because they seem to me to be the same colors (not tan or grey)...and both dashs are warped badly.

Im thinking of dyeing the dash and wheel black perhaps??

I really liked my mystiques door panels. They were a lot more supportive in the front and rear. Shame they have all that carpeting at the bottom though.

I really liked my mystiques door panels. They were a lot more supportive in the front and rear. Shame they have all that carpeting at the bottom though.

Yes they seem more solid and the doors feel heavier.

I also swaped in the mystique door wiring harnes so I could use the lights in the bottom corner of the doors.

Oh John, you funny guy :laugh:. I didn't catch the quote change at first.....

Back to the tan interior, I was going to "upgrade" to the stock tan svt door panels too. I decided not to because of the color difference between the pumice dash and the prairie doors :blackeye:. My '95 had the pumice leather interior so I will just leave the pumice leather door panels in, they look great.

I just picked up a black and tan 2k svt and I hate how the doors/trim don't match the dash. :nonono:.

If I was wanting the perfect tan interior for my 2k svt contour it would be a pre-98 pumice dash, pre-98 pumice leather door panels with matching pumice trim, I actually prefer the function of the post-98 consol but love the look of the pre-98 so either is fine, black carpet definetly, svt seats, svt rocker/pillar plastic trim.

Two things ive noticed since the swap are that the cabin is much quieter and going from mb/
gray to tan changed the look of my tint.

Back