• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

The "OFFICIAL" 2009 Fall Dragon Run Thread!

I don't want to spend a whole lot of money on a car that is going to spend 80% of its life commuting about 100 miles a day to and from work. I loved my CTS-V, but it ended up being a high horsepower commuter, and that was kind of a waste.

I would ideally like to spend 10-12k, but can stretch to 14k for a really nice one.
i have my buddy looking out as well Randy. on the s2ki forum there was on in fl for 8500 it was a 2k model has 100k on it but that isnt a bad price. car looked well taken care of......... I will check my loca area for ya and see what pops up.

Oh and I think Kenny with the s2k pictured above will be joining us on our dragon run this year as well. He has been with us before with his old yellow s2k.

Although this is a Honda and all make sure its got extensive service history, especially the higher mileage cars, these cars see the north side of 7k on a regular basis. We will continue to look as well:cool: Just curious, as a commuter car, is this the best choice? I'm certainly not trying to talk you out of it by any means, but spending that amount of time in the car you might want some comforts. If you don't mind dealing with having a sports car day in day out its one of the best ones on the market....just like the Mazdaspeed Miata!

Although this is a Honda and all make sure its got extensive service history, especially the higher mileage cars, these cars see the north side of 7k on a regular basis. We will continue to look as well:cool: Just curious, as a commuter car, is this the best choice? I'm certainly not trying to talk you out of it by any means, but spending that amount of time in the car you might want some comforts. If you don't mind dealing with having a sports car day in day out its one of the best ones on the market....just like the Mazdaspeed Miata!

I don't mind. I rarely used the back seat and trunk in my car. My wife's beetle has been more than large enough for our grocery trips to Sam's club. My in laws have a truck and some SUV's that they have let me use in the past to move larger items.

I think I can deal with an S2000 as a daily driver. I haven't had much luck finding anything better for less than 15k.

Anybody have any other suggestions?

I don't mind. I rarely used the back seat and trunk in my car. My wife's beetle has been more than large enough for our grocery trips to Sam's club. My in laws have a truck and some SUV's that they have let me use in the past to move larger items.

I think I can deal with an S2000 as a daily driver. I haven't had much luck finding anything better for less than 15k.

Anybody have any other suggestions?
you will love an s2k man. I plan on picking up one whenever i can get the timing right. My buddy has been daily driving an s2k for going on hell 4 or 5 years now and has no complaints. his first one wasnt very modded other than a brake kit and intake. The one he has now has a ton of stuff done to it including a s/c or turbo cant remember right off hand and he has the shine hardtop on his as well. I will say this much I rode in his yellow one on the dragon and have never been so damn fast on that road:crazy:

Although this is a Honda and all make sure its got extensive service history, especially the higher mileage cars, these cars see the north side of 7k on a regular basis.

The K series motors have no problems if operated within the factory rev limits, even at higher RPMs. It's a solid motor. And to be honest, while "going fast" requires time spent in the upper RPM range around town I rarely get it above 4.5 or so. If it's a daily driver owned by a responsible person I wouldn't worry too much.

Regular maintenance is a must on any car, so I'd be looking for records anyway.

I was also going to mention Miata as another good choice in this class.

I'm cruising the Honda dealer today anyway. I'll keep on the watch.
You could always pick up Ryan's turbo SVT. Crazy price he's selling that for.

The K series motors have no problems if operated within the factory rev limits, even at higher RPMs. It's a solid motor. And to be honest, while "going fast" requires time spent in the upper RPM range around town I rarely get it above 4.5 or so. If it's a daily driver owned by a responsible person I wouldn't worry too much.

Regular maintenance is a must on any car, so I'd be looking for records anyway.

I was also going to mention Miata as another good choice in this class.

I'm cruising the Honda dealer today anyway. I'll keep on the watch.
You could always pick up Ryan's turbo SVT. Crazy price he's selling that for.

I am not really interested in his car.

Within 200 miles of my work

Within 200 miles of my work

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?ct=u&car_id=262584560&dealer_id=100002040&car_year=2002&rdm=1245874043817&model=S2000&num_records=25&systime=&make2=&highlightFirstMakeModel=&start_year=2002&keywordsfyc=&keywordsrep=&engine=&certified=&body_code=0&fuel=&awsp=false&search_type=both&distance=200&marketZipError=false&search_lang=en&showZipError=n&make=HONDA&keywords_display=&color=&page_location=findacar%3A%3Aispsearchform&min_price=5000&drive=&default_sort=priceDESC&seller_type=b&max_mileage=&style_flag=1&sort_type=priceDESC&address=48009&advanced=&end_year=2003&doors=&transmission=&max_price=25000&cardist=215&standard=false&rdpage=thumb

This up north of us, well up north, so we'd have to go and pick it up, check it out and deliver it to you, so it would be alot more than your budget as of right now. I haven't checked them out yet, but is a Mazdaspeed Miata something you'd consider? I mean they are pretty sharp lookin' cars, have those sweet RacingHart wheels and Calloway-engineered turbo. Personally I like that orange/bronze color for it:drool:

Good Lord, Charlevoix? That's a hoof! You'd think they would actually WASH the car before posting pics of it on Autotrader.

I'm happy for you for selling the CTS-V, but deep down I was kinda hoping to ride in it for a few turns on the Dragon. :cry: I'm a big boy, I'll get over it.

I just bought an S2000. I will be picking it up tomorrow and posting pics. It's a 2002 Silver with Black interior. 42000 miles for $12,800.

The last week of the month is a good time to buy a car. People have goals to make. It is also even better if you can buy a car early in the week. The right deal came up for the right car, so I bought it.

Nice dude! All this tech on the Dragon is going to be insane!

498395686_74bd9674db.jpg

Yep.....no torque!:crazy::laugh: Cars revving to 8-9k rpms = awesome!:laugh::cool:

I figured that the best thing to do when replacing a car with more than 400hp/400ftlbs was to go the absolute opposite direction. I wasn't going to find a replacement car that was as good as the CTS-V in that aspect, so I figured a torqueless go kart would be a good choice.

That CTS-V got me in a whole bunch of trouble anyways. 3 speeding tickets in a 7 month window. As hard as it may seem to believe, that car was hard to drive slow. little bursts on the throttle could easily turn into 100+ mph speeds. I loved every minute of it though! ;)

I figured that the best thing to do when replacing a car with more than 400hp/400ftlbs was to go the absolute opposite direction. I wasn't going to find a replacement car that was as good as the CTS-V in that aspect, so I figured a torqueless go kart would be a good choice.

That CTS-V got me in a whole bunch of trouble anyways. 3 speeding tickets in a 7 month window. As hard as it may seem to believe, that car was hard to drive slow. little bursts on the throttle could easily turn into 100+ mph speeds. I loved every minute of it though! ;)
ha you better be careful with the s2k then, it can be just as troublesome lol. I cant wait to see it randy.

I figured that the best thing to do when replacing a car with more than 400hp/400ftlbs was to go the absolute opposite direction.

I was wondering how you were justifying that. From a torque monster cush sedan to a completely torqueless 2 door drop top go kart, quite a change!

Back