• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

LIVE from SEMA 2008!

svt4stv

Hard-core CEG'er
posted them on my myspace page. sorry, quickest way to do it. sorry some of the pics suck cuz they were in low light and i didnt have the camera on the right setting. ill retake some of them in the daylight tomorrow. this is just a preview/heads up. :beer:
you have to have an account to view the pics. if you dont have a myspace account. it takes only a few minutes and its free

myspace.com/trueforged

enjoy :thumbsup:

saw quite a few people today:
Goldberg
Carrol Shelby
Steve Saleen
Jack Roush
Tanner Foust
Chris Rado (import drag racer)
Chris Jacobs (host of Overhaulin)
few playmates
Funkmaster Flex
some others but im going blank now
saw the Reventon, 1800hp twin turbo Mosler, Raptor, various versions of the new Camaro, LOTS of GTRs, lots of Smart cars, lots of new Challengers. oh yeah, a 69 Chevelle SS powered by a twin turbo Duramax!

lots of NSFW pics too :)

Wish I coulda been back this year. Last year was incredible.

You staying in the best western next to the hobo village again?

Wish I coulda been back this year. Last year was incredible.

You staying in the best western next to the hobo village again?

actually, right now im in the best western right next to the convention center. literally 5 minutes walking distance :cool: but tomorrow its back to hobo village BW :cry:

pics are now updated actually. i forgot to click a button as i ran out the door to head to the Bellagio for dinner :drool:

btw, you'll see the TT Mosler with 1800hp that states the top speed is 270mph! :shocked:

GTR is THE car of the show this year (almost a tie with the Challenger). but only a few of the GTRs look really good. most look pretty ordinary..

theyre also letting people tear up the ISFs out on the proving grounds again. but doesnt seem like there will be any cool demo shows going on out there. before they had some badass autoX and drifting.

there are some nicely modded foci, Lincoln MX(?) (new sedan) but i didnt see any fusions that stuck out. chevy had some nice malibus and hyundai had some NICE Genesis coupes :drool:

im not a big fan of the new camaro but the "black" edition looks pretty damn nice, even though its a V6.

saw a ZR1 on black HREs but i dont think it looks better than the Z06 :shrug:

ill have to go back and see if i can find the Michellin booth. i didnt see it anywhere. last few years they had THE baddest cars including the Veyron, McLaren F1, Koenigsegg and more. there booth has always been VERY obvious and HUGE. i didnt see one yet :shrug:

saw a Hummer H2 on 32" wheels in the Asanti booth :shocked:

I dont have a myspace page nor care if people do or not so I honestly have no clue on how to view your pics once I'm there.

is there some sorta link to click once I go to your page? All I see is random crap and all your friends stuff..

sigh..

btw - Check out the Subaru's yet? they supposedly have over 9 vehicles on display...

I could have went to Sema again this year but the man veto'd it as he went once with me and hated it :(

edit - just read your post stating you had to make an acct to view... screw that noise....

Last edited:
ill have to go back and see if i can find the Michellin booth. i didnt see it anywhere. last few years they had THE baddest cars including the Veyron, McLaren F1, Koenigsegg and more. there booth has always been VERY obvious and HUGE. i didnt see one yet :shrug:

:shocked:

Michellin didnt show up this year, so no sense looking too hard.

Is my future exwife there this year?

Looks so good!!

l_119dacac0f2a4a97b7a9f8da12d3254c.jpg

Im trying to arrange my schedule to come down on Friday. I have to do some business and some "business"! :laugh:

any good after parties going on tonite? was gonna goto the hard rock but heard its still under construction so not sure where they moved it to this year?

Well, I went down this morning and went in around 7:30 before everyone else was aloud in. Its so much better walking it with very little people in the halls. I was lucky enough to meet up with a friend in the aftermarket. Dr. Jamie Meyer is in charge of Product Integration at GM Performance Parts, and was kind of enough to walk me around there vehicles.

The highlights were the LS7 09 Camaro in which he insisted in me sitting in, door closed and requested I "run it through the gears" to get a feel of the factory installed Hurst Short throw.

chevy_Camaro_LS7_Concept-09-01-800.jpg

He also made sure that he popped the unopen hoop of Pontiacs G8 GXP with an LSX motor in it. "This is something we gave them to play around with" he added.

Also on hand was the Pontiac G8 ST with is a "Sport truck" based on the Holden UTE. I asked a couple times to see if these were coming to the US market but on this one he didnt budge.

untitledhi4.png

Overall the show was good, I had no intentions on staying long, I stuck around till about 11:30. It's way too much to take in. I saw alot of cars from last year, which was kinda disappointing.

Back