• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

3L Finally running but it runs rough...

It cranks strong for about 10 seconds, pauses then cranks for about 2 seconds and starts, it idels very rough, and wont stay running, when i give it throttle, it seems to smooth out some what but will ussually die when i return to idel, also every time i take my foot off the clutch (when its not in gear) it will die.

Check sp wiring order again.

V6 Duratec Spark Plug Wiringorder

Note the 4-6-5 for the coil pack at the firewall side.

Firewall side
4- 6 -5 <--coil pack
3-2-1

1-2-3 <--engine
4-5-6
Radiator side

Spark Plug gap 0.054 inch

Thanks man, that fixed the problem. i got bad information last time It runs amazingly until you give it some gas then when it returns to idel it sometimes wil almost stall, but wont any suggestions.

Is the PCM throwing any codes? Have you checked for vacuum leaks? Besides installinga 3L did you make any other changes (fuel injectors, MAF, TB, etc). Has the vehicle been tuned? Does the vehicle still retain IMRC's? If not did you adjust timing and fuel tables?

Thanks man, that fixed the problem. i got bad information last time It runs amazingly until you give it some gas then when it returns to idel it sometimes wil almost stall, but wont ...

This sounds like a vacuum leak or a bad idle air control valve.

I deleted EGR, but other than that, its a bare bones stock ( with the 2.5L cover ect). Also it kinda feels like its missing, i still need to check the wires and plugs, that might be that problem.

What did you do to fix the problem. I just did my swap and having the same issues. Plz pm me with how u fixed it thank you.

Back