• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

The 6th annual Fall Dragon Run thread!

Klasse Act

I pee with gloves on!
The people have spoken and we have our weekend...Oct 11th-12th. We will be getting into town on the 9th (Thursday) which is our travel day and then try and run it on Friday afternoon....or maybe run that "other" route Trey has mapped out for us, that sounds great as well.

Use this thread to talk about all things Dragon, cop updates, info on the other roads, etc. Also about the day/time you're coming in. I've always thought it would be cool if we could get everyone to stay at Caney Creek because it makes setting things up easier (someone has to do it:shrug:) The name of the cabins are Caney Creek Village www.caneycreekvillage.com and they know all about us as we've stayed there 4 out of the last 5 trips. I will be calling them to give them a "heads up" and will finalize my cabin fairly soon. I will be bringing my old neighbor with me to ride shotgun and I'm currently trying to get my buddy with his modded Saab 9-3 to come too, along with another buddy with a C6 Vette who has alot of road coarse experience with it! As usual I will throw out the invite to the SEMI as well and I really think Steeda will make it down in his IS300, that should be fun as well, meet the legend.

MY car currently has 34K on the clock and the summer tires have about 17K on them, so I should be ok, especially since one of the tires is being replaced under warrenty (broken belt in the sidewall), so having one really good tire is a help:laugh: I can't stress this enough, I'm really looking forward to this years run and I'm looking forward to seeing old friends and meeting some new ones, so have it guys, let the thread begin........

i will be putting new brakes and fuel pump on the SVT this weekend. should have new LCAs and passenger axle on before october as well. at that point the only thing left to do to the car is to clean the UIM/LIM.

Edit: just last week when i went, i only saw 2 cops all day. neither of which were actually on the Dragon.

Edit 2: Posted over on NECO

I'll be there!!

I'll be there!!

And Turbo Zetec 'tour already posted on NECO, too. :) Hopefully there will be some other Cougar owners, too.

Don't yet know when I can drive up & back, but I'm sure to be there some of the time.

i will be putting new brakes and fuel pump on the SVT this weekend. should have new LCAs and passenger axle on before october as well. at that point the only thing left to do to the car is to clean the UIM/LIM.

Edit: just last week when i went, i only saw 2 cops all day. neither of which were actually on the Dragon.

Edit 2: Posted over on NECO
Why would you post over on NECO? Lame!:laugh:

NECO isnt a bad forum! You arent coming this year Eric you wus, let me guess:shrug: you found out I was coming and you got scurred you would get smoked:laugh:

And Turbo Zetec 'tour already posted on NECO, too. :) Hopefully there will be some other Cougar owners, too.

Don't yet know when I can drive up & back, but I'm sure to be there some of the time.

striker2, turbo zetec 'tour, im all the same person :laugh::laugh:

Cant wait for this! I'll get some stuff fully planned and mapped out for us by the time this comes up.

i'm putting in my request off today. This will be my first big outing in the svt. Its got 140k on it but still runs great. Plus its got a whole new suspension.

new BAT kit
new rear sway bushings
new front lower control arms
new both front wheel bearings
rear control arm bushings sway bar end links
new front drilled/sloted rotors and EBC brakes
new rear Hawk HPS brakes and rotors
new water pump
new tires
new paint
new headlights
and a 6000k HID kit

It will be great to see Trey and Ryan again. I'm looking forward to meeting some new people on here as well

i'm putting in my request off today. This will be my first big outing in the svt. Its got 140k on it but still runs great. Plus its got a whole new suspension.

new BAT kit
new rear sway bushings
new water pump
new tires
new paint
new headlights
and a 6000k HID kit

It will be great to see Trey and Ryan again. I'm looking forward to meeting some new people on here as well

Alot of mods, good deal man.

thanks, it took a lot of stock piling for a few months. Now i'm working on the 3L stock pile. Oh yeah i forgot to add the True bendz y-pipe with the main cat and interchangable straight pipe.

new BAT kit
new rear sway bushings
new water pump
new tires
new paint
new headlights
and a 6000k HID kit

Cant wait to see ya once again man! We will be hellraising in fords this time though lol

NECO :rolleyes: Hope ya'll have a good run! No turbo issues this year, I hope. ;)

My front end seconds this:p

BTW, I don't have a computer and have been using the one at my current job, but when I start my new job I hope to have internet access to post here, so if you don't hear from me for a while you know why. Worst case, I'll have Hectour post for me:shrug::cool:

Looking forward to the run and don't forget to get your rooms booked early, I don't want those people that mine for gold in that local river to get all of our rooms!

hm, this would be a great run for my truck. we were actually looking at maybe getting a run together also.

Back