• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

optima battery

SVT3Rivieres

CEG'er
Ok im looking for buying a optima battery, and so far all the shop around cannot have the red top 34R...

i saw picture of people mounting their batterie on the side so the + end up being on the good side and not on top but on the side of the battery.

i can get a normal 34 for a really good price so if somebody can confirm me that it will fit perfectly and without risk on the side im gonna go with this one

thx

34R means reverse terminals, which you NEED.

34 won't work unless you want to extend the wiring to reach opposite sides of the battery.

yea i know that the one i need is the 34R, but like i said all the shop cannot order it.

but my question was more abou installing it on the side like this :
http://www.contour.org/carprofile/files/14170/img/Bling_3.JPG
(the pic is from a zetec actually)
so its why i want to know if i can do the same in a duratec, the post will be on the side and not on top, and the + will be on the right side and higher on the side.

the 34r will fit fine like normal ...

you can order it from summit racing as that is where I got mine ...

the thing is im in canada and i need it now, the one on summit is 155$US +shipping to canada + brokerage fees n duty...

on the other hand i can got one 34 for 180$CAN here from the shelf, that i will install sideway

there should be no problems wiht mounting an optima sideways as shown in the picture you linked. Its a gel type battery and is completly sealed so it shoul never leak.

ok i finaly installed it:
IMG_2496.jpg

IMG_2495.jpg

Back