• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Doubletree O'Hare ??

Y2KSVT

Hard-core CEG'er
I've got a potential buyer for the SVT. He's from California, and will be in Chicago for a conference next weekend. In his email, he said he'll be staying at the Doubletree O'Hare. When I mapquest that name, with the address I found in yellowpages.com, it comes up blank. It says they found two other options for that listing, neither of them with an address even close to the one I came up with. Is there more than one Doubletree O'Hare? I'd be coming from Fort Wayne, IN, and was wondering how easy it'd be to get around Chicago, and not having to actually go through it. Anyone live near this Doubletree O'Hare, that went to Spring Zing 05 or 06, and has an estimate on how long it took to get there? I'm really trying to avoid delivering the car, as finding someone to follow is going to be a nightmare. Thanks in advance!!

Mark

He can't call them for you and get an address? Take the address into you favorite mapping site/program. This shouldn't be that hard.

He can't call them for you and get an address? Take the address into you favorite mapping site/program. This shouldn't be that hard.

He may be under the assumption that it's the only Doubletree O'Hare in the Chicago area... :shrug: He's from California, so he probably knows even less about that area than I do. I put "Doubletree O'Hare" into yellowpages.com, and come up with "5460 N River Rd. Des Plaines, IL 60018." I guess Mapquest is just changing the city to Rosemont. Just trying to avoid any possible confusion. I'll wait to hear back from him tonight, to verify the location. This will be the 2nd time in a year, I've had to drive over 2 hours, just to SELL a car. :mad:

Mark

I'm not from Chicago, but I visit the Hyatt O'Hare often, and there are about 5 hotels right there in a group on River Road.

i'm pretty sure that hotel is east of the airport... like right accross the road if you need a street name let me know

i'm pretty sure that hotel is east of the airport... like right accross the road if you need a street name let me know

I think you're right. He said he'd be taking the shuttle from the airport to his hotel, as he'll be in town on business. Looks like my girlfriend is going to follow me out there next Sunday, and hand over the keys to it's 2nd owner. :eek:

Mark

The Double Tree is in Rosemont. Lots of cool Restaurants and convention center.
The Allstate arena is located 5-10 minutes from the hotel. You won't be far from The Ram Brewery, A Chicago CEG favorite. Or even the Krispy Kreme on Mannheim, where Hector and I used to beat the hell outta the Zetecs in the parkinglot. :laugh:

As a matter of fact, You'll be about 10 minutes from Kevin's house, stop by...His Moms can cook!!!!!
If he asks you what your doing there, DO NOT MENTION MY NAME!!!!!! :laugh:
And if you hear a "Chinging" sound like an old bicycle bell....RUN FOR YOUR LIFE!!!!!!

Last edited:
The Double Tree is in Rosemont. Lots of cool Restaurants and convention center.
The Allstate arena is located 5-10 minutes from the hotel. You won't be far from The Ram Brewery, A Chicago CEG favorite. Or even the Krispy Kreme on Mannheim, where Hector and I used to beat the hell outta the Zetecs in the parkinglot. :laugh:

As a matter of fact, You'll be about 10 minutes from Kevin's house, stop by...His Moms can cook!!!!!
If he asks you what your doing there, DO NOT MENTION MY NAME!!!!!! :laugh:
And if you hear a "Chinging" sound like an old bicycle bell....RUN FOR YOUR LIFE!!!!!!

LOL sounds like some sound advice!! What if the "Chinging" sound, is more like that of a cow bell? :crazy:

Mark

He may be under the assumption that it's the only Doubletree O'Hare in the Chicago area... :shrug: He's from California, so he probably knows even less about that area than I do. I put "Doubletree O'Hare" into yellowpages.com, and come up with "5460 N River Rd. Des Plaines, IL 60018." I guess Mapquest is just changing the city to Rosemont. Just trying to avoid any possible confusion. I'll wait to hear back from him tonight, to verify the location. This will be the 2nd time in a year, I've had to drive over 2 hours, just to SELL a car. :mad:

Mark

yup that address sounds right [rosemont is directly across the street].

I had a number of job interviews in that hotel [not for the hotel, just in it]. They changed owners alittle over a year ago and I think they changed names... perhaps part of the reason you had a hard time finding it in the phone book, but I'm almost positive thats the right place.

that sucks man that you had to drive i would have them meet you next time by your house lol

That would have been ideal. Under the circumstances of him flying in from California, and needing to be back by Tuesday, I agreed to drive out there. He was a nice guy, and he did more than make up for backing out on the sale. He put $500 in my pocket for my troubles! :cool:

Mark

Back