• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Topshop hoods Ver. 3.0

Topshop hoods Ver. 3.0

• Cowl w/NACA duct

Votes: 15 31.3%
  • Cowl w/o duct

Votes: 17 35.4%
  • EVO

Votes: 16 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
UPDATE I got a pm back from TopShop and they are hoping to get things started in the fall, so start saving up. If anyone else wants to take on the project of making a prototype hood, feel free to do just. Just please try to stick with the design we all selected. I'll try to keep everyone posted on any new developments
{J}

get started in the fall!?!?? that sucks

Yeah apparently they have their hands full with other stuff right now. The original plan was to have a prototype built by someone else so all they have to do is make the mold. Since that fell through they're going to have to make the prototype which they don't have the time for right now. Thats why i was saying if anyone else is up to the task of making the prototype let me know. We may or may not be able to get the hood sooner if that happens
{J}

in that case, i wonder how many people would be interested in buying a evo style cf hood, because that's what i want and i'm sure i'm not the only one. it would only make since for topshop to still have the mold/model from the previous ones made.

in that case, i wonder how many people would be interested in buying a evo style cf hood, because that's what i want and i'm sure i'm not the only one. it would only make since for topshop to still have the mold/model from the previous ones made.

Count me in on this crazy mission!

Sorry I haven't been on top of this I"ve been preoccupied. I can contact Topshop and going ahead and making the mold but I need a realistic count on how many are actually going to buy a hood. I also contacted the company that had the mold of the EVO hood and they wanted the same thing. I know for sure I'm out for right now, but I'm willing to keep in contact with the people making the hoods to try to get the folks willing to buy a hood. So start a list and I'll try to find the email I sent to the EVO manufacturer.
{J}

I would buy a Cowl w/o duct. Is it going to be like the ones that have been produced before? I've seen them on multiple cars on here, but its still by far my favorite. I also would not want it if I have to use hood pins.

I would buy a Cowl w/o duct. Is it going to be like the ones that have been produced before? I've seen them on multiple cars on here, but its still by far my favorite. I also would not want it if I have to use hood pins.

This is the cowl hood that TopShop agreed to make for us. It will be a new design and not the cowl that you can buy now. There was also some interest in the EVO hood that was previously available, but to resurrect the mold there has to be actual buyers.

HoodTestCF.jpg

This never got off the ground because there wasn't enough paying interest in the hood for TopShop to build a mold. If we can get enough names of persons that are interested and ready to pay then I can contact Topshop and try to get these made.

I also contacted the manu. of the EVO hood and they were willing to make some hoods for us, but once again not enough people w/$$$$

I would definitely be interested in a Evo CF hood but I still haven't picked up the SVT yet (problems with notarizing the title). If there is a list, I want to be on it though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back