• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Fuel Line Disconnect

CodyTRX

CEG'er
I know whenever I swapped my lower intake with a SVT-spec manifold the fuel line was very stubborn. The injectors really dig into that thing. I know about fuel line disconnect tools and I know where the lines actually disconnect at in the engine bay but how exactly do you use the fuel line disconnect tool properly? Can someone snap a picture or something?:help: I want to clean my lower intake manifold here soon for summer (even though it's probably still clean) but really dread fooling with it again down that low. I'd rather pull out the lower intake with the fuel rail and injectors attached, it'd be much more simple.

Thanks in advance.

you have to slide the tool into the spring retainer it can be very stuburn sometimes you have to press and rotate the tool to work it in and even then the fuel line can still be stuck so now you pull and rotate... good luck just keep at it it will come apart. and make sure you have the right size tool...

Thanks guys. And yeah, Beans if you can that'd be awesome.

I know they're are quite a few different sizes of disconnect tools.

Sorry about that, forgot about this...

Heres a basic how-to:

First remove
Remove intake unplug maf.. IAC ect...

adasd001.jpg

I bought these from Advanced Auto for like 4$ comes with 2 sizes . Dorman makes them
IIRC they were ford specific, the guy who works there recommended them

This is the size you want...
adasd002.jpg

Put it over the line like so... (Take off the little black pressure holding clips first pictures are just for demonstration)
adasd0034.jpg

push it with your 2 fingers.. then should pop off like nothing..
adasd0044.jpg

Enjoy.

the disconnect tool opens up a spring that is used to retain the fuel line in the fuel rail. just press the tool into the connection and pull on the fuel line.

the disconnect tool opens up a spring that is used to retain the fuel line in the fuel rail. just press the tool into the connection and pull on the fuel line.

Lmao how many people does it take to explain how to disconnect a fuel rail :shrug:

Lmao how many people does it take to explain how to disconnect a fuel rail :shrug:

It's CEG duh! I've had fuel lines that came off with no effort and others that where stubborn beeotch's that faught the good fight!

Ahh, thanks Beans. This will make things a lot easier! I'll be sure to smoke a ciggerette while doing this..:crazy:

i just used this thread to get my fuel rail off.

Can someone tell me please;

does the spring stay on the fuel line or do you fish it out and put it on the fuel rail for re-installation ? ..... G.

Back