• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Filing criminal charges if ripped off by CEG member?

i wouldn't get all worked up over no tracking number...i think i've provided one maybe twice in 8 years and 11 car forums worth of selling stuff.
however,no communitcation in WEEKS...no good.

i wouldn't get all worked up over no tracking number...i think i've provided one maybe twice in 8 years and 11 car forums worth of selling stuff.

umm, hate to say it, but you're probably not the best example to use in this kind of situation...

How about responding to my multiple pm's and email?

so has anyone ever got around to filing a criminal report against a member from the board? cuz im thinkin about doing it to bagged since he has been dicking me around for past couple of months about refunding me my money.

No.. I think I'll be the first. I wouldn't worry too much about Bagged if I were you. He's a stand up guy with a lot of satisfied customers.

In my case, however, I haven't found a single person who'll stick up for the guy I was dealing with.

No.. I think I'll be the first. I wouldn't worry too much about Bagged if I were you. He's a stand up guy with a lot of satisfied customers.

In my case, however, I haven't found a single person who'll stick up for the guy I was dealing with.

Yeah I bought stuff in March and I live in the same country, so it's DEF not the customs things. Either way he is banned now and can do no further harm, I'm out some cash, and a lesson learned.

FYI, I had tried to file a claim with paypal, since they said it was a private transaction I was screwed. Basically they said they had not real way to verify what I was supposed to get.

If you're in the USA and are interested in pursing with charges (and I'm certain you will have plenty more that would want to join you), I would contact the RCMP/GRC.

P.S. for those who won't read the whole thread and just toss in comments this IS NOT regarding bagged but rather Keith R

Last edited:
Paypal is actually promising to get me my money back. I take back everything I've said about them.

============================= = = ======================

Search PayPal Search
Non-receipt - Claim - #PP-509-xxx-xxx

Status

This claim has been decided in your favor and you'll receive a refund.
What happens next
Please allow up to 7 days for the refund to appear in your account. Once the refund is complete, the case will be closed.
Supporting documents

Files (0)
You haven't submitted any files.
Faxes (0)
You haven't submitted any faxes.

• 7/15/2008 20:42 PDT - PayPal: Buyer escalated this dispute to a Claim.
  • 7/15/2008 20:42 PDT - Buyer: The seller told me he would ship it out on June 22 and then told me he shipped it out on July 4. I still have not received it. I have also found out that there are several other customers of this seller who similarly never received their items.
  • 7/11/2008 15:30 PDT - Buyer: Please provide me with the date you shipped my headlights, the carrier and a shipping confirmation number. Thanks.

• Jul. 26, 2008 - PayPal: Case closed
  • Jul. 26, 2008 - PayPal: Refund issued
  • Jul. 26, 2008 - PayPal: Email sent to seller
  • Jul. 26, 2008 - PayPal: Email sent to seller
  • Jul. 26, 2008 - PayPal: Email sent to buyer
  • Jul. 15, 2008 - PayPal: Email sent to seller
  • Jul. 15, 2008 - PayPal: Email sent to buyer
  • Jul. 15, 2008 - Buyer: Dispute escalated to claim
  • Jul. 11, 2008 - PayPal: Email sent to seller
  • Jul. 11, 2008 - PayPal: Email sent to buyer
  • Jul. 15, 2008 - Buyer: Dispute filed

Transaction #XXX1X51X47831815

• -$150.00 USD
  • Jun. 22, 2008

• Keith Russell
  • sales@mydirtylaundry.ca
Copyright © 1999-2008 PayPal. All rights reserved.

I only lost 20 bucks so I just cut my loses. But 150 is kinda a big deal to me. Oh well. Glad its all over now. We can all learn from this.

well im going to file criminal charges against him. im tired of waiting. anyone else who wants to file charges against him for parts not recieved go here: http://www.ic3.gov/complaint/default.aspx

so far, i have not seen this "stand up guy" everyone keeps talking about, hes more like a runaway guy cuz hes ran with my money as well as a bunch of other peoples money and parts too.

Good to see you got your money back. When i went through legitimate fraud with paypal, they decided the case against me and so I had to take it up with american express. They did an immediate chargeback from paypal, and paypal in turn got stuck eating the fraudulent charges. I'm glad i never used my bank account for paypal, or i'd have been screwed.

For those of you considering filing criminal charges, I wish you the best of luck. A friend of mine went through this several years back. 2003 maybe. He bid on an auction for a bunch of plasma tv's on ebay. They were really cheap...too cheap in fact. Like $8k for 8-10 of them. Anyway, he won and the seller requested escrow. He provided my friend with a website to use which he wired money to. Everything looked legit. As soon as the seller got his money, the site went down and that was that. Aside from us taking a road trip with a couple of baseball bats.

We were able after several weeks to find out the kids name and address (he was in canada) but there was basically nothing that could be done. American authorities told us to contact the canadian authorities...who in turn told us basically that there was nothing they could to about it.

Now, if we couldn't get someone brought up on charges for $8k, I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for the authorities over there to do the same. Especially if it's only for a couple hundred bucks. I hope it works out for you, but it's really a mess when dealing across international borders...based on my own experience.

I talked to the Police Department in Hamilton, Ontario and they told me to file a police report locally (where I live) and have my local police forward the police up to Hamilton. My local police said they would do this for me.

I don't expect to get anywhere with just one police report, but if I could get a few others to also file reports, the Hamilton PD would have to do something.

Back