• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

By this picture, guess how my day went...

Tisby

CEG'er
LugStud.jpg

Actually, it's not that bad. 3 of 4 lugnuts were loose and that's the only one that snapped. It kinda went like this: "That's a funny sound, I'm gonna pull over and see what that---POP! ...is." I'm lucky I only broke the stud. Anybody know the part number for these things?

Last edited:
Replacing Front Wheel Studs same as Rear?

Replacing Front Wheel Studs same as Rear?

Three out of four ain't bad... uh oh wait yea it is...

I know, I'm getting the airport to rerun the security tapes of the employee lot. There's no way it wasn't intentional. Question though: is replacing the front studs the same as the rear shown in that video?

Yaaaaaaaaaay! Snapped Wheel studs!

That's nothing... I was doing a brake job for my neighbor's 1989 (I think) Dodge Daytona with a turbocharger. I snapped about 4 wheel studs all together. All 20 lug nuts were STUCK! To make things worse, Dodge has some stupid metal cap over the actual lug nut, so it's really just a standard with some cover on it, and those covers come right off even on the new ones. Hard to replace studs on that damn car.

you can pick up a new one even at like autozone or something, real easy to replace too, i snapped one not too long ago, i thought i was screwed but it took about 5 minutes

Got one froma Napa store, only place that had it in stock...:ponder: Anyway, I'm having a helluva time getting the new one all the way in. Should I just put the wheel on and keep turning the lug wrench?

Got one froma Napa store, only place that had it in stock...:ponder: Anyway, I'm having a helluva time getting the new one all the way in. Should I just put the wheel on and keep turning the lug wrench?

try heating the flange up and lightly tapping on it until it seats all the way?

ya thats what i did, use the lug nut to suck it in all the way

Back