• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Clutch Slave Cylinder Hydraulic Line Replacement?

Squigg

CEG'er
I'm wondering how I can get ahold of a replacement clutch slave cylinder hydraulic line (that's all the shop manual says it is.) Is there a place online that's good for it, or is the dealer the best bet? I'm asking now because the parts department closes at 4pm here, so if I could order it online, that'd be sweet.

This:

http://www.contour.org/ceg-vb/showthread.php?t=47782&highlight=clutch+line

forsale255.jpg

forsale256.jpg

forsale257.jpg

forsale258.jpg

The shipping estimate lied and the part just came in today.

I went outside to take the old one off, took the clip off, but it wouldn't budge. Its rusted or something onto the male end coming from the slave cylinder. I put a pair of vice grips on it, and romped on it, that didn't work either. I tried using a screwdriver to pry it off, broke the tip off of 3 of them by trying as such.

Is there some kind of method to get this off? In the book it just says "remove retaining clip and pull out hydraulic line."

Also, the one that's on the car now, the female piece that goes onto the slave cylinder line, its metal, the replacement one is plastic, I'm guessing that's just an improvement they made at some point over stock design.

I had problems like that:

I got the damn thing out. Crazy! I think this was the most troublesum part on the entire build. Took the most time in the beginning, so I cut it and then another 3 hrs to finally get it apart.... :nonono:
3Lbuild105.jpg

3Lbuild106.jpg

3Lbuild107.jpg

Never seen anything like that at all. Never had an issue with that in the least.

Glad you got it seperated. Those are some nasty pictures.
Did you have to resort to heat?

Didn't go to heat for help. PB blasted it again 2 nights ago and let it sit. Hit it again with a wrench and it barely started to spin but not pull out. I used a flat head screwdriver and a hammer to pry it out from the hard line........

Back