• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

The "OFFICIAL" 2009 Fall Dragon Run Thread!

Got my soundtrack for the trip! I installed my Borla cat back today and I can tell that I am going to be on the gas a lot more now!

Got my soundtrack for the trip! I installed my Borla cat back today and I can tell that I am going to be on the gas a lot more now!

I can't wait to hear that:cool::cool::cool: and are you going to install a CAI too:shrug:, I mean you gotta hear it from the front as well as the back! I have a functional ram-air intake on my car now, so the sound is VERY nice and with this set-up I haven't lost my low-end torque like I did last year when all I had was a universal K&N stuck onto the end of OEM tubing.

I can't wait to hear that:cool::cool::cool: and are you going to install a CAI too:shrug:, I mean you gotta hear it from the front as well as the back! I have a functional ram-air intake on my car now, so the sound is VERY nice and with this set-up I haven't lost my low-end torque like I did last year when all I had was a universal K&N stuck onto the end of OEM tubing.

What torque!?:laugh: J/K

My Vibrant cat back should arrive Monday and I'm excited about that! Though none of you will get to enjoy it. :cry:

My Vibrant cat back should arrive Monday and I'm excited about that! Though none of you will get to enjoy it. :cry:

There's always next year...or this year, we've keeping our fingers crossed anyways:shrug:

Hectour...ft/lbs of torque per litre, look at it like that and once I get the tune, well, that will not be so funny anymore:laugh:

I'm actually considering going up there at another time if I miss the planned weekend. It's too much fun not to go at all, I don't think I'd make it a whole year without it.

My trip out to the Gilmore Museum this past weekend for the "Maddogs and Englishmen" all British car show had me wanting to go the Dragon even more! Although the roads are nothing like the Dragon really, its a "taste" of the Dragon, or even a sniff:cool:

I'm also looking forward to taking my buddy out to Hell Michigan so he can "get his feet wet" some on our twisties here in Michigan. We might make it a SEMI CEG event, who knows:shrug:, our last run out there was pretty good, other than the fact that not a single Contour was there:eek:

Hectour is down in FLA right now with his family, I wonder if he'll make a slight detour and run the Dragon up to 411 and from there get back onto I-75:shrug:

Hectour is down in FLA right now with his family, I wonder if he'll make a slight detour and run the Dragon up to 411 and from there get back onto I-75:shrug:
He needs to hit me up if he does I havent had the svt up there yet. I am going to try to do some research on the triangle in the up coming weekends and see what i can work out and stuff.

I'm not sure if he's really going to do that as he has his Mom and Dad in another car following him, but they should, what the heck:shrug: Let us know what you find on your Triangle run too and please look for "hole in the wall" places to eat, like BBQ:drool::drool::drool:

LOL I drove past the exit and I was itching to take the family hauler (CX7) on there!:laugh:

I also drove past Randy and Chris's places too.:crazy:

Met up with Sam down in Fort Lauderdale area.

If I had more time I would have visited EVERYONE!:laugh:

LOL I drove past the exit and I was itching to take the family hauler (CX7) on there!:laugh:

damn man id have come out to see ya.

We were staying outside of Orlando. Drove to Daytona, Cocoa Beach, Tampa/St Petersburg, and down to the Ft Lauderdale area. A lot of driving for sure. Went into the Atlantic and the Gulf. Won't go to the theme parks until Lily is a little older!:crazy:

Too bad you didn't run the Dragon on the way back, push those 40k tires completely over the edge:laugh:...not literally "the edge" though:eek::crazy:

Did you at least enjoy our roads with their lack of elevation changes and turns!

Back