• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

lookie what i got!

Status
Not open for further replies.

shavedsvt

Veteran CEG'er
lightshow showed up at my house with a massive rod knock and a new 04' taurus 3L with 22k. heres a picture of the poor 2.5. i started it up today to see if it got worse than a few days ago and after a few minutes of idle time i revved it once and i heard a shattering sound and the engine died and wont restart. more pictures to come.

adamssvt001.jpg
adamssvt001.jpg

Last edited:
So thats Adams(lightshow) car? That sucks that it's already down, he has to be pretty bummed out right now.

yes adam is the new owner. nice guy too. im sure getting a 3l installed will make him feel better:laugh: :censored::censored::censored::censored: happens:shrug: and im sure grant will get it going quickly for him

Last edited:
I met Adam down here near the house, was a cool guy easy to talk to. 'm sure the 3L will be well worth the wait. Hmmmm maybe I can talk him in to letting me take it for a spin when he's all done:cool:

here they are.the motor is only held in by the two top motor mounts. i didnt feel like pulling it tonight.
IMG_0816.jpg

IMG_0817.jpg

IMG_0819.jpg

IMG_0821.jpg

IMG_0830.jpg

IMG_0838.jpg

IMG_0840.jpg

IMG_0841.jpg

IMG_0842.jpg

Last edited:
I hope your not doing his swap

As Bagged said,why not?Shaved had the motor ready to be pulled in less than an hour and a half.And started preping the new one.I'm going over there today as well to finish pulling it.Very skilled individual.He could have it done by monday,but we're probably gonna have to wait on parts.Which reminds me,anyone have any usable non stock tranny parts they can help with.Clutch,diff,ect..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back