• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Brake pedal to the floor, no visible fluid leaks

SVTbuckeye11

CEG'er
Hi guys, like the title says, overnight my brake pedal went from a normal 'biting' position, to going to the floor today. The reservoir was low but not empty. I cant see any leaks coming form the calipers or any bad brake lines. The only other place i think the fluid could be going is the booster. I'm curious if anyone has had a similar issue or more experience with it.

I'm about to bleed the brakes so see if it changes anything.

Thanks

If you have so visible leaks then your probably right about the fluid leaking into the booster. It may be that the seal on the back of the master is bad or the seals in the master are bad.
Looks like time for a new master.

hi guys, like the title says, overnight my brake pedal went from a normal 'biting' position, to going to the floor today. The reservoir was low but not empty. I cant see any leaks coming form the calipers or any bad brake lines. The only other place i think the fluid could be going is the booster. I'm curious if anyone has had a similar issue or more experience with it.

I'm about to bleed the brakes so see if it changes anything.

Thanks

pm sent

Back