• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Project - Face Lift -

*sigh*

The MK1 bumper is completely different than the bumper CrazyTalk now has, which is an MK2. The MK1 and pre98 match up better than the MK2 and 98+. The 98+ bumper is a closer match to the pre98/MK1 bumper than it is an MK2. But then again, this is all my opinion from what I have seen in pictures. :shrug:

trust me, the MK1 bumper had the same fitment issues the Mk2 bumper has that crazytalk has posted in pictures. The last person who owned that car had cut the headlight panel and the front bumper core support just like crazytalk did to make the bumper fit, obviously its a little different because its between first and 2nd gen car's but the fitment issues are the same, right around the headlights and just a little short of the fenders.

When Mark brought that green car to bagged, the bumper was being held on by bungee cords because the mounting points to the fenders (just like on crazytalk's pictures) were over an inch short. There are more angles for crazytalk to deal with than if it were an mk1, but IMO the best way to go about making that work is doing some molding/fiberglassing, not using body filler like someone else in this thread suggested. I am interested to see what crazytalk ends up doing to this bumper.

*sigh*

The MK1 bumper is completely different than the bumper CrazyTalk now has, which is an MK2. The MK1 and pre98 match up better than the MK2 and 98+. The 98+ bumper is a closer match to the pre98/MK1 bumper than it is an MK2. But then again, this is all my opinion from what I have seen in pictures. :shrug:

I think it's relative. euro mk1 and mk2 both don't require 5mph bumpers, which is why their bumpers don't stick out as much and ours do, which is why the bumpers don't reach the fenders. You would have this problem regardless of what generation of mondy/contour it is.

I suggested using body filler. I just don't see how it could be possible to mold the angular MK2 bumper to the curvy 98+ bumper. I CAN see, however, filling in below the headlight.

I suggested using body filler. I just don't see how it could be possible to mold the angular MK2 bumper to the curvy 98+ bumper. I CAN see, however, filling in below the headlight.

It wouldn't bee easy. And I'm sure it's tough to take that first cut into a very expensive bumper that can only be obtained overseas. Probably why no one has done it yet.

i know he can make this thing happen. hey, B.... i called you back. no answer from the shop phone. i'll try again right now, otherwise just call me later. ill answer this time. just fell asleep earlier lol

blah blah blah already been done, i dealt with the same issues with the ceg car and mines on and fits great. lots of cutting molding and reshaping. and when you remove the crash bumper it will fit worse.
welcome to last year kids

blah blah blah already been done, i dealt with the same issues with the ceg car and mines on and fits great. lots of cutting molding and reshaping. welcome to last year kids

But you didn't post pics, so it doesn't exist. :laugh:

I've always wanted to do this but I don't know what the H I'm doing so I didn't bother. Good luck on it, looking forward to seeing the finished product

*sigh*

sigh what? i doubt you have ever seen either or in person. and beleive me that bumper is way closer to the 98 plus tour than the one i did was to the pre 98 so stop speaking dribble

well the bottom line is i haven't seen a mk2 mondeo bumper on a svt.

scott you do good work we know dis son!

i have faith in crazytalk too though :). he won't have too much issue getting it to work. only thing i noticed is the mondeo bumper is a way more flexible material than the svt bumper so this might pose a problem when molding them together. Not sure what he plans to do but i plan on going and seeing it since i'm like 20 minues from his shop!

well the bottom line is i haven't seen a mk2 mondeo bumper on a svt.

scott you do good work we know dis son!

i have faith in crazytalk too though :). he won't have too much issue getting it to work. only thing i noticed is the mondeo bumper is a way more flexible material than the svt bumper so this might pose a problem when molding them together. Not sure what he plans to do but i plan on going and seeing it since i'm like 20 minues from his shop!

i know he can do it. thats what im saying is its not that difficult just a bunch of work. i think it will look cool too:cool:

yeah. either way, i got a better front bumper out of the deal LOL.

i hope he can find the fog lights and stuff. i know that is an issue he mentioned when i was at his shop..... factory fog lights and their housings are gonna be hard to get, because not many people wanna ship overseas

yeah. either way, i got a better front bumper out of the deal LOL.

i hope he can find the fog lights and stuff. i know that is an issue he mentioned when i was at his shop..... factory fog lights and their housings are gonna be hard to get, because not many people wanna ship overseas

there are some great members from the uk on the forum that will help out im sure

true, true.

p.s. yes, i'm doing a rusty hood. and it's gonna be rusty until someone gets so sick and tired of it that they sell me a CF cowl hood!

Back