• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Flywheel bolts

2000ZxT

Hard-core CEG'er
I have looked for flywheel bolts for a few hours now and found nothing on any forum or website.

Do the Focus ARP Flywheel bolts work for the 2.5/3.0L?

Going to be beating on the car, figured they were easily accessible as they are for almost every other car.

I put a medium grade lock tight on the flywheel bolts too, just in case one wanted to work its way out. :eek:...... use the stockers

I'm pulling the 2.5L tonight. I'm going to see what grade they use and use new bolts. I work in at a fastener distributor, so I replace everything (boltwise). Probably going to use a super alloy.

I'm just going to use some 10.9 or 12.9. Not really worried about the bolts backing out.

I don't think my stock flywheel had lock washers on those bolts in my '95. I don't remember them being there :shrug:.

I'm pretty sure my Fidanza came with lock washers. I know Terry Haines has said people have installed flywheels and didnt install lock washers and they flown off while racing.

I'm pretty sure my Fidanza came with lock washers. I know Terry Haines has said people have installed flywheels and didnt install lock washers and they flown off while racing.

Good to know, I have never seen lockwashers on any of my flywheels either, but this is also my first aluminum one.

My Fidanza didn't come with lock washers.
I'll have to get some I guess.

I'll call up Fidanza and ask their opinion before I install the flywheel.

I don't see why not to use the lockwashers unless the tk of the washer makes the bolt heads hit anything, which it sounds like they shouldn't.

What might work for cars with 160-250 whp might not work for a car with 350-400whp.

Just got the flywheel in. It does in fact come with lockwashers and bolts, in case anyone was wondering. Grade 8.8 bolts with what appear to be grade 8 yellow zinc lockwashers.

Back