• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

New members (ATTN mods/admins)

Kremithefrog

Hard-core CEG'er
I keep getting PMs/IMs from newbies that aren't getting approved to post or some junk. Either approve them or tell me what I'm supposed to tell them as to what they gotta do to post on here. I didn't have to go through all this when the forum changed, so I don't know what's up.

We have been batch approving new users for posting because of the spam issues. I've been generally approving them about once a week, but I've been travelling pretty constantly for the last 3 weeks. If new users are bugging you, direct them to me, or to Worldtour.

The new guy that PM'd me said he joined weeks ago and IM'd/email'd mods/admins and never got a response. You may have already approved him but if not, his SN is hitch.
The guy that IM'd me did not tell me his SN.

I understand having other stuff to do and whatnot, I just figured there may have been a problem since two guys contacted me within one week.

Thank you Kremithefrog! And Admin!

Thank you Kremithefrog! And Admin!

I am now able to post.

:confused:

Are random new users contacting every member they see or something? Or is it just that they can't tell the difference between regular users and mods (and don't notice the mod list at the bottom when looking at a forum)?

Maybe they just see you having 20k+ posts, so you must have the hookup with admins to get them approved?

:shrug:

:confused:

Are random new users contacting every member they see or something? Or is it just that they can't tell the difference between regular users and mods (and don't notice the mod list at the bottom when looking at a forum)?

Maybe they just see you having 20k+ posts, so you must have the hookup with admins to get them approved?

:shrug:

That's all I can think of. Mods don't have the "M" next to their screen name anymore like on the old forums, so they might not be able to tell.

I think the mod list at the bottom is the only thing that specifies if someone is a mod/admin. Nothing shows next to their name on regular posts. Not every newbie knows where to look at the bottom. I still don't spot it unless I'm specifically looking for it. If it is possible to move that to the top of the page, that might help a little bit.

I, too, have received several PMs from new members. Apparently no where near as many as Kremit. It wasn't a big deal to me, and I pointed them in the right direction. But I can see where it would get old if it were happening repeatedly.

I, too, have received several PMs from new members. Apparently no where near as many as Kremit. It wasn't a big deal to me, and I pointed them in the right direction. But I can see where it would get old if it were happening repeatedly.
I only got one pm and one im, but within one week and it's the first it's ever happened, so I thought there may have been a problem.

And bdk, like I said, hitch said he had tried to contact mods/admins but got no reply back so that's why he contacted me after seeing I'm (too) active on here.

We have been batch approving new users for posting because of the spam issues. I've been generally approving them about once a week, but I've been travelling pretty constantly for the last 3 weeks. If new users are bugging you, direct them to me, or to Worldtour.
I'm also new to CEG and I can REPLY to an already existing thread... but i cant POST a new one. Is there some kind of switch that needs to be flipped for me?

Last edited:
In which forum are you trying to post the new thread?
If you're trying to post that new thread in the classifieds, then no you can't.

Back