• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Zuk is starting his 3L swap

If all you want is a car starting when you turn the key, why not just put the 3L as it is straight in, instead of messing around with it? :shrug:

what in the world does that have to do with how the engine is put together :shrug: hybrid, ported or straight once its runs its going to start when you turn the key.

for that matter if you all you want to is a car to start when you turn the key buy a civic or something and don't modify it ....

what in the world does that have to do with how the engine is put together :shrug: hybrid, ported or straight once its runs its going to start when you turn the key.

for that matter if you all you want to is a car to start when you turn the key buy a civic or something and don't modify it ....

I have no idea why even posted that...unless there is a hidden meaning it:shrug: If there is...this is def not the thread to start it in.

Hey good luck with the build. Did you make any progress this weekend?

Let us know if you have any questions.
Paul

Some weird post up there guys...

Bugzuki;

I was able to get the car uncovered and I drooled on the 3L for a while.
My back still isn't better so I'm very limited on what I can get done right now without help at least.

I'm taking the scouts to my house tonight to have them help me push it to the driveway and get the battery out etc etc.

Once i get it placed where I need it I can get allot done with machinery and my 14 year old son :)
If that all happens I'll post some pics of it for giggles.

Also thanks for getting those plates out to me so fast.

If all you want is a car starting when you turn the key, why not just put the 3L as it is straight in, instead of messing around with it? :shrug:

Well lets see here.

It's my car so I'll do what ever I want.. :cool: :crazy: just messin with ya man.

I don't want a full 3L thus the reason for buying Bugzuki's plates. I may or may not run the SVT cams, it all depends on how I feel when it comes down to it. Right now I want to run the SVT cams but the previous owner did run this thing until it would not run anymore so there is a good chance they got damaged. That will probably be the deciding factor on the cams.
I'm going to really try to get pics as i tear the 2.5 down. Hoping I can get my son interested in it by having him snap pics as i go then show him how to post them for me as well.
He wants me to help him with a S-10 so I think I have some leverage.:laugh:

Thanks for all the help so far guys. I'm sure I will have more questions as I progress.

you kill that car, I will put you on my list..... :D

Update on that other 98 I found.

Turns out her fiance took a title load out on the car and they owed $1000.00 on it. That car wasn't worth $1000 so I walked away.
I know where it is and I will drive bay later to see if its still there. I'll have to do it soon though those title places only let ya miss one pmt I'll bet before they are coming for the car.

So no need to put me on your list blu_fuz. If you have room though I bet I can come up with a couple names for ya.

She is dug out of the shed and poised for the Resurrection!!

20090308170129.jpg

bumper needs some paint.... just pop the bumper off and leave it at a body shop while you are doing the swap.... Make sure they can match the paint on the bumper and dont use the factory mix.

Those wheels look really good, what kind do you have on there?

I dont know if you need em or not but I have a set of MNB door panels onmy parts car If your missing the passanger side one. Ill let it go for 20 plus shipping

bumper needs some paint.... just pop the bumper off and leave it at a body shop while you are doing the swap.... Make sure they can match the paint on the bumper and dont use the factory mix.

Those wheels look really good, what kind do you have on there?

Luckly I have a friend right across the street that has a paint boot built on his shop :laugh: so I'm good on the bumper. I'll need to get new Mesh as well as half of it is MIA. The passenger side Fog light is in the back seat as well.

I was going to look at the wheels last night but he car was burried in snow :( we got 6" in 3 hours :mad: so it's all white now. They are actually a black Chrome looking finish and look really nice when they are clean.

I dont know if you need em or not but I have a set of MNB door panels on my parts car If your missing the passanger side one. Ill let it go for 20 plus shipping

You are referring to the inside door panels? I have all them in the trunk.

Finally making some progress on this thing..

2.5 is out.

20090420161802.jpg

Clean 3.0 for me!!

IMG_1253.jpg

Anyone need SVT heads? Complete with cams..

IMG_1254.jpg

Ok all.

how in the heck do I get the center motor mount on the 3L?

Found pics here on page * http://www.contour.org/ceg-vb/showthread.php?t=37314&page=8

I've read of grinding it but where? This thing is huge compared to the hole it needs to fit through if I grind it so it drops in from the top there wont be anything left of it.

Anyone have a pic? I've searched and cant seem to find one.

Ok all.

how in the heck do I get the center motor mount on the 3L?

Found pics here on page * http://www.contour.org/ceg-vb/showthread.php?t=37314&page=8

I've read of grinding it but where? This thing is huge compared to the hole it needs to fit through if I grind it so it drops in from the top there wont be anything left of it.

Anyone have a pic? I've searched and cant seem to find one.

You'll never get it to drop straight in from the top. You need to cut it so you can fish it in by twisting/wiggling it from the timing cover side. Cut, test, cut, test, cut, and install.

I hear that!!
I found some pics so I'll use them as a reference.

I finally was able to get all the porting done..
If anyone had told me it was going to take that long I may have opted for the full 3L version! :eek:

Well I was able to get the motor mount ground down in bolted on :)

I was about to reattach the trans but had read somewhere about that bushing causing problems.
I have already cut it flush with the crank but was that enough? Does the hole in the middle need to be larger?
I don't want to destroy my trans if the input shaft will hit it.

Back