• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

3l tlc!!

Mac

CEG'er
hello everyone, it's been over 4 years since i've even posted about my 2000 3L SVT.

Some of the vet members might remember me, especially the ones from MI.

Anyways, i did my 3L swap with Reebs at his place over 4 years ago, i was prepping the car for the across the country trip i was about to make as i moved to Colorado. needless to say the swap went great, the engine never caused any problems for me!! shortly after i made it out to CO, i had to replace a rusted out entire rear subframe and about a year ago a synchro went out in the tranny leaving it sitting at my office.

now after a brief Audi A8L expirience (Total Loss to Flood Damage) and now about to purchase a 09 A4 for my daily, i've decided that it may be time for my 3L to become that project car she always wanted to be. lol

so i guess in reality this is a "Re-Build" thread in a way. but in general it will be 3L specific

thanks, and hi to any old friends!

-Mac

the best looking thing on the car as it sits now is the Upper intake manifold u powdercoated fort me, LOL if that says anything, ima gonna snap some pics today

are there any tings to watch out for specific on the 3L if it's been sitting for a long time? i didnt get a chance to start it too much but it was an 06 escape 3L with 50K on it when installed. port matched

Back