• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Intake manifolds......

I hear the 09 escape uim is different...

The entire top end for the '09 is different. From the heads to the UIM. You have to replace all of it to fit right. No idea if it would work on a contour, but you'd definately have to deal with the VVT solenoids at least.

It is..I think the 08+ is different..but i didn't want tricker to get upset...since he was so quick to tell me i was wrong. :cool:

he said 05 escape is the same as the mazda6, all I know is that I read the 09 was different.

why exactly wouldn't the 09 work? has anybody looked at the 09 heads?

why exactly wouldn't the 09 work? has anybody looked at the 09 heads?

Yes I have, and the port geometry is very different. More of a square port now. Maybe someone could hack something together to make it work, but you'd lose most of the benefit of the redesign.

back on topic. port geometry is the same betwen the mazda 6 and the escape, from about 05 to 08.

anyways. there are differences, but ony where the TB mounts. mazda6 runs drive by wire, ford stuff does not. escape is the only option, and im gonna try it :D

so the new lowers wont bolt to the block? not like porting the ovals in the head to big squares would be a big deal...

Seriously, STFU. If you don't believe me, go look at the damn parts yourself.

If you want the benefit of the new design stuff, you need to use all of it together. There is a reason it puts out 240hp now with the new top end.

Seriously, STFU. If you don't believe me, go look at the damn parts yourself.

If you want the benefit of the new design stuff, you need to use all of it together. There is a reason it puts out 240hp now with the new top end.

Don't let him get to you Rara...he's been banned many times for these very reasons.

Kaos..i don't know what your thinking half the time..but slow your mental thinking down..collect yourself and do some research...your posts have been getting annoying and kinda repetitive. take some time and do some reading, because all you have been doing lately is annoying everyone from exhaust, pcms, intakes, FI, 3L's etc etc. I know you have lots of questions and you want to learn....but it seems your spending more time asking then searching.

You can take this, as an insult or you can better your experience here. I guess pick one :shrug:

jeez sorry...

all I'm saying is grinding some corners into an oval hole isn't as much "hacking something together to make it work" as all of this "port matching" nonsense.

I'd search for images of the 09 escape inlet ports, but since it's 09 right now, I doubt I'll find any good ones, besides, I know they wouldn't come with measurements.

sorry if I'm not the kind of guy that just takes "because" as an answer, I believe a lot of people said a 3.0 wouldn't go in a contour for a long time, until somebody did it. then it was all hybrids for a long time, until somebody did a full swap.

I think my open thinking is beneficial to the community, even if I myself dont have the resources to do any of these things myself, at least I'm getting the ideas out there.

and fyi, I dont get banned for asking questions, I appearantly get banned for posting images that give boners at work...

I think my open thinking is beneficial to the community, even if I myself dont have the resources to do any of these things myself, at least I'm getting the ideas out there.

and fyi, I dont get banned for asking questions, I appearantly get banned for posting images that give boners at work...

Actually you got banned from FCO for doing the exact same thing (basically spamming every thread with some useless and completely unrelated question/comment) and then some.

You remember when I run you off that forum for like 6 months? Because of that behavior? You were not violating the forum TOS, but you were violating pretty much everyone's experience there. I wasnt (and am not) a mod there. I have no influence over there. I still run you off because your were being a complete D-bag and 0 members came to your rescue. You were just starting to do your 1st 3L install.

Youve got boundary issues with forums dude. Nobody wants to hear about your GD forclosure. You ignore all reasonable advice from experienced and valued forum members (at FCO and CEG).

Ive been reading your threads here about your 3L install since you were finally banned at FCO for trolling. I am genuinly interested in pretty much every build thread here. I was also pulling for you to get your 1st 3L together...until you ran into so many of your own self-imposed problems and started blaming it all on Dominic at FCO.

Mod Edit: Come on now!

Im suprised he put up with you as long as he did. And Im even more suprised these guys at CEG have had as much patience with you as they have. A lot of these guys, you have ignored so many times. But they have continued to help you. Consider yourself fortunate your car runs. Now get it tuned on a dyno.

If you can afford to start disabling your daily driver at a later date to try out the latest and greatest thing that wasnt meant or specifically designed for your setup, fire away.

Id still start by thanking everyone on here who continued to help you, offered free parts, etc. so you could get your car running. Pull your head out.

Last edited by a moderator:
ah yes, Adam from florida, didn't you get banned from FCO for flame baiting me?

and as for the whole dom issue, I dont blame him for the failure all together, only the bad info on the coil wiring. the guy sells COP conversions, you'd think he'd know which wires where supposed to be paired up. you can't honestly say you dont think he wanted my build to fail.

but with a little help from our friends over here, the second engine is in and good to go. I guess I probably should say thank you to everybody thats helped, although I try to thank anyone who is helpful right then.

but wouldn't you say the little racial pun is in bad taste....

so lets get back to taking about intake manifolds, this is getting out of hand.

and as for the whole dom issue, I dont blame him for the failure all together, only the bad info on the coil wiring. the guy sells COP conversions, you'd think he'd know which wires where supposed to be paired up. you can't honestly say you dont think he wanted my build to fail.

but with a little help from our friends over here, the second engine is in and good to go. I guess I probably should say thank you to everybody thats helped, although I try to thank anyone who is helpful right then.

If you didn't trust his advice you should have looked it over yourself before implementing it. It was a simple wiring diagram away.

Now shut your damn mouth, stop complaining about Dom, and start taking everyones advice.

i was really hoping to get all kinds of great information about the different manifold options, what has been done, what can't be done, what i could try, and all that great stuff. instead i get this little :censored: match.

LOL. whatever though

If you didn't trust his advice you should have looked it over yourself before implementing it. It was a simple wiring diagram away.

Now shut your damn mouth, stop complaining about Dom, and start taking everyones advice.

You forgot spamming, asking stupid questions, and ?????ing about his personal life.

-Ive never been banned from any forum ever. Or frozen. And in the case of our previous dispute, was never warned once by any of the forum members or numerous forum moderators.

-Interesting you mention the COP conversion. I dont have an idea about how many harnesses Dominic has sold, Im guessing 20-50 units. Just a guess off the top of my head. Your the only guy that had a problem. And I can sincerely say I honestly think that he did not want your build to fail. He had is product in it. Does not compute. I never wanted your build to fail either, even though I thought you were a 'tard.

-I fail to see a racial pun in bad taste. It was done tastefully.

You dont want this argument again. Ill save you the time. It doesnt end up good for you...just read my post again and try to stay low on the radar. Best option for you IMO. And learn some boundaries.

chiefservedyou.jpg

i was really hoping to get all kinds of great information about the different manifold options, what has been done, what can't be done, what i could try, and all that great stuff. instead i get this little :censored: match.

LOL. whatever though

yeah, sorry man...

now we have Mr. UFC over here using your thread as a place to release pent up anger.

lets talk about some intakes.

Keep it on topic or the thread will be locked and offenders will be punished, no exceptions for those who didn't read the whole thread!!!!

-Andy

Back