• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

True Duals Part--2

Harrry

Addicted CEG'er
I thought i would add something new to the section.....:cool:Well i finally started the SVT and i thought i would take a video clip of it idling...let me say....the recording does not do it justice at all.But i hope you guys like it....the new exhaust sounds way better then the old clip.

All i added was high flow metallic cats to my exhaust.My setup is Headers....down to flex pipes..high flow cats...x-pipe- resonators then mufflers in the rear.

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/True-duals-part-2_649466.htm

The car sat running for 7mins till i rev'd it. Seeing the cars temp gauge at cold...i only rev'd it close to 4k rpms.

Sounds VERY nice.

A clean-deep-sound, just how i like it :D I would like to hear it up top though...

Sounds good man...

Whatd you do different with this setup?

From the old video you hear a little rattle sound in the exhaust....like how gm's v6 motors sound with after market exhaust.

So I added high flow metallic cats and everything smoothed out perfectly.

Headers, 2inch true duals, metallic cats, x-pipe, 18" magnaflow resonators, edelbrock rpm series mufflers.

Build me one NOW! :D

I would....but i'm done doing exhaust work :crazy:

If you want one built...i would say go 2.25" for your 3.0L car...alum. That way, it will keep the cost is down and it will be 150-200 cheaper. The only thing you would have to do is get a custom x-pipe...or h-pipe. Nobody sells a small enough one to fit inside thee exhaust canal.

4 people have true duals....join the club :laugh:

Back