• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

DPFE sensor VACUUM Hoses !!!

aircougar

Veteran CEG'er
Has anyone else ever have their DPFE sensor vaccum hoses blow off the sensor, or the EGR tubes under heavy acceleration ?????

I have had this happen to me ever since I swapped the newer motor in along with MSDS headers... EVERY day it has happened...

But now my Alternator has died, so I haven't been able to test out my fix for it, but I hose-clamped each hose end to their respective places, and hopefully they will not move...

Why would that even happen??

The car has 105k, the motor has 30k, and the stock cat and y-pipe has 55k from my Cougar.... I do have a yo-dude high flow y-pipe with test pipe...I'll try that for a while and see if that helps... the Cougar is gutted until the spring anyway!

thanks for the help!!

Thanks for the info guys! I swapped the cat/y-pipe out with the high flow one and it helped so much! No restriction at all now..HAHA!
Plus the flex-pipe that was on that high flow was leaking, so I cut it out and welded in a new pipe to the flange...runs perfect now...just a little louder and a bit raspy after 4k rpm.

Back