• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

New Cluster - Rolled Back Mileage

blind829

CEG'er
Well I bought my car from Canada so the cluster was all in KM, it makes it really annoying to drive in Michigan...

100_5162.jpg

I picked up a MPH cluster from Frosty with 120,000 miles. My only problem was I couldn't find any directions on how to roll the odometer back from 120,000 miles. Todras came to the rescue and an hour or so later he had rolled it back.

CIMG0670.jpg

CIMG0674.jpg

And come to find out the cluster I bought from Frosty already had the glowing SVT mod done to it, that was a nice surprise. Although the picture is hard to see they're not that dark.

CIMG0676.jpg

I'm not dodging ya Ron. I'm just a busy guy, 2 jobs, house we're remodeling and we're planing a wedding. Heck, Todras rolled back my gages last Sunday and it took me until Thursday night to have time to reinstall them. I definatly not dodging you and I'm sorry ya feel that way, we'll get together sometime.

lol I was just jokin man, im busy as hell too I got a baby on the way so im working full time and taking care of house duties, fun stuff! whenever your done to meet up just give me a ring if you still got my number.

Very nice. Why did you roll it to 60K miles? The KM one appears to only have like 90K km or about 56000 miles. :shrug: I'd like to do the glowing SVT mod to one of mine one of these days.

I coulda swore I saw your car today blind, unless theres another black E1 svt with stock wheels in jenison, im pretty sure I passed you as I was turning onto baldwin from miejers.

I also would like the glowing svt mod, just don't have the time for it.

I've never seen the svt lit up like that. I really really like it!!! Is there a how-to on this?

I coulda swore I saw your car today blind, unless theres another black E1 svt with stock wheels in jenison, im pretty sure I passed you as I was turning onto baldwin from miejers.

I also would like the glowing svt mod, just don't have the time for it.

Yea it probably was me, what time/day?

I wanna say a little after 6, you were turning right unto baldwin off cottonwood, I was turning right onto baldwin from cottonwood after leaving miejers, my buddy was like "sweet look another black svt, I look, and think well it must be blinds lol".

pretty sure I just saw you again today, in my hood, driving down byron center at gezon I was rollin in my girls taurus, looked over and saw a black svt with stock wheels, tinted windows, you?

so...

how do we change the mileage?

I need a dash with a tach and a faster speedo, and will be needing to change the mileage.

anybody think it's strange to want to change it to the miles on my 3l? or should it say the chassis mileage?

It can say whatever you choose, but legally the mileage must show the total miles the car (engine or chassis) has ever seen.

Also, we won't be describing how to roll back your odometer on the forums. There's a ton of other places to look for that.

Another (and easier) option is pulling the odometer wheel part and just swapping that in to the new cluster.

Or the entire mechanical part of the speedo... remove the speedo unit from the cluster, then take the needle off, then remove the screws holding the faceplate on (if you need to replace the faceplate like I did cause of the stupid crappy faceplate things), put your faceplate on it, and put back in the cluster. Back to original mileage.

Of course, if your speedo is broken, but the odometer is kinda right, then Matt's method is better :p

Back