• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Minor changes

Guitarman19853

Hard-core CEG'er
Some new changes I made to the car, added SVT side vinyl and added the build number plaque from the group buy. Oh, and I don't think ever made a formal post about the wheels :cool:

DSCF4868%20%28Medium%29.JPG

DSCF4871%20%28Medium%29.JPG

Bah. Drivers side is crooked. It doesn't look bad from afar, but I suspect I'll re-place it and do this one again at some point.
DSCF4877%20%28Medium%29.JPG

DSCF4880%20%28Medium%29.JPG

DSCF4882%20%28Medium%29.JPG

DSCF4894%20%28Medium%29.JPG

DSCF4895%20%28Medium%29.JPG

DSCF902%20%28Medium%29.JPG

Thanks everyone! I'm really happy with the way the car looks now especially with the Ultraleggera's.

This is pretty much the final visual appearance of the car. I plan on adding headers & exhaust, but changing tips isn't a huge visual change. I plan on having my paint fixed where it needs it and I also plan on putting in the BAT suspension kit. But With a drop of 1 inch, I'll bet that the ride height will be about where my stock one is now that it's sagged down a bit.

Looks good Ryan, I like the wheel/tire choice.
BTW, I had a reverse rake less than yours and cut the front springs 1/4 coil and it is nice and level now. I'd do a 1/2 coil if I could do it over.
Just FYI if you can do it yourself and want to try before the BAT kit.
Maybe I'll see you around if we have a Pittsburgh meet, I'm planning on going to Beaver Run to make a lap if anyone around wants to go.
-J

Looks good, any issues with the hood gasket in the front rubbing on your plaque? It seems people were having issues with that. If where you put yours is a good spot, thats where mine will be going then :cool: Looks great!

Looks really good man, now get a mirko and really set it off.:cool:

Love to, but I would only be able to put it on at shows... and only once I got there. If you live in Pittsburgh, you'd understand the roads... I scrape my front bumper on the lip of my driveway if i'm not careful with stock suspension... As much as the mirko would look good, it's just not practical.

I hadn't even considered the hood gasket when I placed that... hopefully it won't be an issue...

I had my engine ID plaque get ruined in that spot. The hood gasket closed right on it and wore off the lettering. I ended up ordering a replacement and moving it near the drivers side headlight.

I had my engine ID plaque get ruined in that spot. The hood gasket closed right on it and wore off the lettering. I ended up ordering a replacement and moving it near the drivers side headlight.

Hopefully I won't have problems... I'll check that out. Is there any way to protect it? Like clearcoating the plate?

Love to, but I would only be able to put it on at shows... and only once I got there. If you live in Pittsburgh, you'd understand the roads... I scrape my front bumper on the lip of my driveway if i'm not careful with stock suspension... As much as the mirko would look good, it's just not practical.

Looks nice...and speaking of shows, have you been making your way out Friday nights? One of these days I'll take my car out there and meet up with yinz again.

Agree on the lowering, I'm running into issues just from dropping down 1.25"

Looks real good Ryan. So where did you get the wheels and tires from? How much? Are those 17's?

How do you like the KDW's? I was thinking about getting those for my next set of tires to put on my 18's but I've heard they are LOUD from alot of ppl.

I don't wana hear this crap :laugh:. I'm putting my molded Mirko on soon. Just gotta be careful and hit EVERYTHING with a 45.

Looks real good Ryan. So where did you get the wheels and tires from? How much? Are those 17's?

How do you like the KDW's? I was thinking about getting those for my next set of tires to put on my 18's but I've heard they are LOUD from alot of ppl.

They're 17" OZ Ultraleggera's. I got them from tire rack for $270 each. The KDW2's are great, grip well and I don't notice any noise, although I could be used to it because on my E1's i always ran KDW's (not KDW2) which are also "supposed" to be noisy. My thought is if I wanted a quiet riding car, the CSVT is far from it just with the exhaust note so I'd buy something else. I'm looking for performance.

Back