• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Flat Black CSVT??

I think flat black looks good on most vehicles. It has to be done right though. I just happen to know that it only costs about $60 worth of material to do a decent flat black paint job.

Flat/satin colors belong on Dodge Dynastys and Olds Cutlass Cieras. Most decent 90s cars should shine. :shrug:

I think flat black looks nasty on every modern car I have seen it on in parking lots.

flat black was quite the trend a few years ago, but seems to have become quite passe.... its probably best not to follow a fading trend.

That was exactly my thought before even clicking the thread. Hah

+3 :rolleyes:

repost3ck.jpg

Flat black on a CSVT would be cool, but honestly, I think this whole flat/satin black thing is just going to be a fad and will be out of style in a few years.

I don't understand car fads. I think flat black became a fad when sport compact car painted their 240sx flat black. Then every gay 240 drift kid wanted their car flat black. From there it spread. Flat black can look good if you don't go and buy six cans of krylon and try to spread it over the entire car. I also have to add that fake z3 and now Buick vents are stupid and in no way look good. That's a fad that I'll be glad to see go. Another one I don't understand is when someone says "That's a chick car." It's only what it is to you. Who cares what other people think of it.

Another one I don't understand is when someone says "That's a chick car." It's only what it is to you. Who cares what other people think of it.

Because it's fun to say to someone driving a Jetta, "So is this your mothers car?" Then watching them proceed to get really pissed off.

Because it's fun to say to someone driving a Jetta, "So is this your mothers car?" Then watching them proceed to get really pissed off.

Or Saying why did your Grandma hook up that Contour? At least she knows how to drive the stick :rolleyes:.....

- amyn

Back